Egnater customer service ????

BJMYJM

• Members

:facepalm:

Just thought I'd pass along a little info about Egnater and the way they treat the people who buy their products.

I bought a Renegade head two months ago. It's defective, not a tube problem, something else. No problem, get it to a service center....done.

WRONG

I first tried to call Egnater. 10 calls over several days, left several messages...nothing.

They I emailed this 'Nate' guy. I asked simply for a location of a service center. He comes back with...."check the preamp tubes"....from his Blackberry.

I knew it wasn't a tube....but I flattered him, took them all out, checked them. All fine. I asked him again...he says its a pre amp section problem. Asked him for a sevice center....ignored me. Nothing. Zero.

This is the worst customer service I've ever encountered, I've been playing and buying gear for 25 years. Egnater does NOT stand by their products.

Beware.

• Members

Just thought I'd pass along a little info about Egnater and the way they treat the people who buy their products.

I bought a Renegade head two months ago. It's defective, not a tube problem, something else. No problem, get it to a service center....done.

WRONG

I first tried to call Egnater. 10 calls over several days, left several messages...nothing.

They I emailed this 'Nate' guy. I asked simply for a location of a service center. He comes back with...."check the preamp tubes"....from his Blackberry.

I knew it wasn't a tube....but I flattered him, took them all out, checked them. All fine. I asked him again...he says its a pre amp section problem. Asked him for a sevice center....ignored me. Nothing. Zero.

This is the worst customer service I've ever encountered, I've been playing and buying gear for 25 years. Egnater does NOT stand by their products.

Beware.

Oh boy...here we go. BEWARE BEWARE!!!! :cop:

• Members

Egnater does NOT stand by their products.

Beware.

Cough. from his blackberry ... I'd factor in that it's the holidays mate. I've never heard anything bad about Egnater's service in the past. Maybe you're a douche on the phone, you sound like one now I flattered him ... yada. :wave:

• Members

never had anything but STELLAR service from Bruce and Jeff...... never dealt with Nate, but if Bruce has him working for him, I'm sure he's just as good as everyone else working at Egnater.

holidays, maybe thats it.

I think they're down for the holidays. They may be nationwide, but they're still a pretty small company employee-wise. I got responses back within a couple of hours every time I emailed Bruce, even late at night. I emailed him a few days ago and haven't heard anything, which leads me to believe that they're probably not working until after the first. Give it until next week. If you get the run-around then, be concerned. Until then, I'd be very, very, very surprised if Bruce and Co. are doing something sketchy. I've heard nothing but good about those guys and had a good experience myself.

• Members

You are way, way, waaay alone on this. Egnater has some of the best service in the industry. I expect it's just a holiday coverage thing...

The tube thing is clearly first line troubleshooting and solved about 90% of issues of course... :-)

Bruce and Jeff regularly post a service # for John (Ewing I think) over on Rig talk....suggest a little patience.

• Members

OK....MATE...They COMPLETELY blew me off...

10 phone calls. Nothing.

2 email responces....sayin....check the tubes. Pathetic...absolutely unexcusable.

All I wanted was THE ADDRESS OF THE SERVICE CENTER. Some of the posts after mine are exactly why I don't post here often. I just wanted to tell people here about my experience. I've owned just about everything in the last 25 years, delt with alot of maunfactures, this was piss poor service.

I own other Egnater stuff and it has worked just fine. Just wanted to let some of good people here that you might want to think twice.

• Members

OK....MATE...They COMPLETELY blew me off...

10 phone calls. Nothing.

2 email responces....sayin....check the tubes. Pathetic...absolutely unexcusable.

All I wanted was THE ADDRESS OF THE SERVICE CENTER. Some of the posts after mine are exactly why I don't post here often. I just wanted to tell people here about my experience. I've owned just about everything in the last 25 years, delt with alot of maunfactures, this was piss poor service.

I own other Egnater stuff and it has worked just fine. Just wanted to let some of good people here that you might want to think twice.

Dude- you can't take the interwebz so seriously. I -for one- would like to see how this pans out. Keep us posted.

• Members

Well obviously the support will try to first get thru the obvious stuff before having you send something back. Not answering the phone is inexcusable though, if they didn't mention they were closed during the time you called.

When I had an Egnater amp I had nothing but good experiences with the customer service.

• Members

Happy New Year guys. I apologize that we dropped the ball on this. We have been closed for the most part of the last two weeks but both Nate and myself have been trying to keep up with our emails by phone as much as we could. Again I apologize. We are not in the habit of not taking care of every customer.

My email is john@egnateramps and for reference Nate's is nate@egnateramps.com Please feel free to contact either of us for any issues. We are a very small company. Including Bruce only 6 of us so if we are testing amps or something it means we cannot always be near the phone and email is usually the best way to reach us quickly.

I will be PMing BJMYJM directly to solve his issues but if anyone were to ever need a repair station and we are unavailable, here is the link to our website for our authorized stations http://egnateramps.com/Support.html

I hope everyone had a great holiday season and have a great new year.

john

WRONG

Beware.

• Members

WRONG

Beware.

Oh yes...I had the same experience. Expect Bruce Egnater to PM any moment now to tell you to quit posting about it.

Archived