Wanting to sell my Fireball

petejt

• Members

I just don't use my Engl Fireball anymore. It has come cool sound but I get all of my tone from my MarkIV, so I have no use for it. I like the MarkIV's sound much more.

Really I have five amps- my MarkIV, the Fireball, a Roland Jazz Chorus 120 combo amp which I'll always keep, a little Laney EX35D to kick around but want to sell too, and a Mesa/Boogie 50/50 stereo poweramp that I almost feel like selling but know that it will come in handy some day.

I hate having gear just sitting there doing nothing. Plus I want to get some more effects pedals so the extra cash would be nice, rather than dip into my savings.

Hopefully I can sell this thing either locally or interstate, as international shipping will be too costly plus the insurance.

These things cost over $3,200 new. I know I can't sell it for that price but if I can sell it for $2,500 that would be fine. Cash Converters are {censored}bricks, and I haven't had much luck with the Quokka or GumTree, but will try that again.

So what can I do?

• Members
Is this the fireball 100? Also, what country are you in? These prices seem way above what I see them selling for new OR used.

Nah just the original 60 watt version.

The amp is fine, all stock. Personally though I would put in new poweramp valves.

I live in Australia. We get royally raped for musical gear :freak::cry:

The new Fireball 100 watt model costs $3,599 brand new. :facepalm:

• Members
the only way you're not going to lose your ass on this is to sell it to someone down under.

Agreed with the Fux. It's tragic really :cry:

I understand where you are coming from though. I'd hold out for someone locally that is willing to pay the price. I can't imagine anyone else paying that price unless they were in the same boat as you with the raping and all...

• Members

you can send it my way and I'll take good care of it.

I would if you can pay me for it.

Thanks for your responses guys. I just want to get some of my money back for it, I don't want to make a profit off this thing, no way at all I wanna rip anyone off. Otherwise I'd polish it and sell it for $3,000 grand.

It's just that I hate it just sitting there doing nothing. I've got money sitting around me that I could use for other things, like a kayak which I've wanted to get for the last three years.

I'll try the local classifieds and keep them going as long as they let me advertise for free.

Damn that sucks Vic, $1,600 for your Blackmore?

• Members

pete why would you even bother selling outside of oz???

Because it's late, I've had a long day at work, have another week and a half ago, probably need a drink but even better a sleep and feel desperate to sell my amp...

that's all it is

Archived