My new look 5153....

suparsonic

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lyk omgz, I lykz kizz so I knowz have ryt to opeenyun!

Kindly go {censored} yourself, Greg.

EDIT: What I REALLY wanted to say was that the thing is the ugliest pile of {censored} I have ever seen and it looks poorly homemade [not that it's the OPs fault; the amp was made to hide those screws and how bad the grill is made by the use of stripes]. I also wanted to say the cabinet looked even worse. Hide it behind sponsor gear, and claim how bluesy it is to play on?

Hope the amps pretty on the inside. =S

• Members

I hate the way those heads look stock, so you could have done anything to it and it would have been in improvement IMO, but for what you've done here, I actually really like it, I like the juxtaposition of the really subtle tolex on something that sounds so menacing....very cool :thu::thu:

• Members
I hate the way those heads look stock, so you could have done anything to it and it would have been in improvement IMO, but for what you've done here, I actually really like it, I like the juxtaposition of the really subtle tolex on something that sounds so menacing....very cool
:thu:
:thu:

Yeah, I'm trying to lose the whole EVH vibe. These amps are just killer straight out of the box. At the moment it reminds me of the car from "Mad Max" Menacing yet surprisingly efficient. Last thing I want to do on stage is turn around and see the EVH marketing logos'. Look up Youtube and see how many 5153 demos' feature Van Halen hooks.

• Members
Dropsix. The thing would've looked better if he'd just taken the EVH badge off. And to make it even worse, the cab is even uglier looking. Da beer gogglez wud needa b thik 2 hit dat.

This is what I have at home at the moment, I would normally run the matching cab, (pictured somewhere else in this thread). The so called ugly cab in the picture actually sounds great and is real easy to mic for recording.

• Members

Stripes helped the fact that it has too many knobs :poke:

I would go ahead and put some real stripes in the place of the plastic ones.

The kind made of duct tape and waterproof tape.

That would be EVH approved :thu:

Archived