NAD - Randall RH100KH

Lucius

• Members

Haven't played with it yet but {censored} is this thing heavy. Those transformers are huge. THis is by far the heaviest amp I've owned. Unfortunately with my NAD also came a stomach flu type thing. Oh well, home day and hopefully and I will get out of bed long enough to plug it in. Cheers, Lucius

PS: where is teh NAD women?

• Members

150 + shipping + PP.

lol, duh its in your sig :facepalm: I should have looked first. I'll come up with some coin and take those off your hands. I'll likely take that clean module first though. I'll PM you later in the week. Cheers, Lucius

• Members

I think, those four knobs on (presence, denisty, master, effects) are much too close together, but I dig the KH-3 (the only module I have atm). Alot of bass on this amp. Cheers, Lucius

PS: Anyone know the difference between this RM100KH and the regula RM100? Cheers, LUcius

• Members

The KH1 and KH2 seemed to sound cool fro mthe videos.

Lately I've been drawn more to the lower-watt maps though
:idk:

I also, just picked up a Krank REV jr (20 watter) that kicks all sorts of ass. I wish it had a footswitch though. I'll make vid today when I get out of bed. Cheers, Lucius

• Members

So you have an RM not RH correct?

And yeah rm100 are heavy {censored}ers, that's why I stepped dwon to the 50 (well part of it).

HNAD.

The KH mods are some of the only ones I never tried.

As far as the 100kh vs regluar 100, supposedly it has more low end but I've hear folks say it just sounds like the standard 100.

• Members

lol, duh its in your sig
:facepalm:
I should have looked first. I'll come up with some coin and take those off your hands. I'll likely take that clean module first though. I'll PM you later in the week. Cheers, Lucius

lol.. I just put them there like seconds before I saw your post...

just PM me man. we'll hash out the PP and shipping.

• Members

I have a RM50 combo and a RM100M. Modules I have tried and traded or sold away: SL+ (not JCM800 version), KH3, Blackface, Grail.

Modules I currently have: modded Brahma, modded Mr Scary, XTC, DLX.

I liked the KH3 well enough but I had to move it to complete a deal. The Grail was cool too but I traded that for the Mr Scary.

In a nutshell my thoughts are: Many of the higher gain modules can be dialed in to sound similar to each other, modded modules don't always sound better but often do, I prefer to keep the gain knob around noon and boost the front end to go over the top because it tightens them up, and I am addicted to the modular concept.

• Members

Congrats!

The RM100KH had a changed feedback circuit to give it more low end (god help us the RM100 is insanely bassy.) You can get the same effect by turning up the depth control on a regular RM100

According to RD/Steve at Randall they've since made production RM100s the same as the KH. I'd guess the cut-over date sometime in 2H2009 but I don't know for sure.

• Members

Congas on the new amps, I still have my krank 20 too, love it, did you find a cab for it yet?

You are going to have to start taping up your hands:poke:

Yah, I picked up the head/cab (Krank) for 299 + tax at the store. Taking it in today though cause I think the output power tubes are going. They offered to put new ones in @ Tom Lees free. Cheers, Lucius

Archived