All this 6505 talk....

mcr23

• Members

that amp sounds a lot like a high gain marshall whatever he's running it through. Also, does his pinky work?

I've found that the 6505 series puts out a lot of the frequencies a Marshall would. Such that if one were to play the amps in the stylistic manner of one who typically would play a modded Marshall, they are well in the ballpark.

• Members

I've found that the 6505 series puts out a lot of the frequencies a Marshall would. Such that if one were to play the amps in the stylistic manner of one who typically would play a modded Marshall, they are well in the ballpark.

I agree with this, to an extent. I think if a marshall is bruce banner, then the 6505 is the {censored}ing hulk. Its more aggressive than a marshall, though, but yes, the frequency range is similar.

• Members
You being serious? Florescent lighting can't damage the cones in the retina.

Nah just joking :lol:

The flourescents in the building I work are very yellowish looking, and I have a cubicle with no windows or access to windows, so I see everything in a yellowish tint until I go home. its {censored}ing annoying as {censored} lol. I do have {censored}ed up eye sight though.

• Members
I really like that no-bees tone.

I think he said gain was on 5 1/2

Yeah, when I used to use the lead channel for diirty tones, I kept the gain at about 5. No bees at that level. I keep the presence off too....presence knob can add bees. Now, I am using the rhythm channel for dirt tones, and I can get a bit more saturation without sacrificing clarity and without getting bees. But now my clean tones on the lead channel have a lot of background hiss :facepalm: I dont really care about cleans though.

• Members
I wonder if he was using lower-output pickups or rolling down his guitfiddle volume
:confused:

For the cleans? I'm sure he's using that single coil in the middle position. I use a Dimarzio Humbucker From Hell in the neck of my EC-1000 and it gives some great cleans through the 6505+.

Archived