Lipstick Blow

bee3

• Members

Just thinking of something to try

have the riff sounding like two guitar parts

dur dur dur dur dur - left speaker

dur dur dur - right speaker

may be cool

I was messing around last night with hard panning... because there are essentially two different parts... but they're actually the same... just happening at different points so they intersect. I know what I want it to sound like... but not sure yet how to make it actually happen.

• Members

I was messing around last night with hard panning... because there are essentially two different parts... but they're actually the same... just happening at different points so they intersect. I know what I want it to sound like... but not sure yet how to make it actually happen.

If you know then you can make it happen

It's a different song for you, I like it a lot

• Members

I never said buzzy was bad!!!! I love the tone. Don't misunderstand me, you've nailed it. I like the cheapy sound. I didn't mean to cover the buzz, I meant to
compliment
it.

How about doubling it through a Leslie on slow... that would be cool.

• Moderators

So in all seriousness... the spoken thing. I can't pass the red-faced test with it... should it stay or go?

Well, the thing is, you totally pull it off. Remember that Stevie tune I posted on your thread about "New YORK!!! Just like I pictured it!" That had a lot of ambient sound to set it back a bit. Why not take a youtube video and strip the audio. Something from a high school parking lot. Or even just something with ambient air sound. Roll the highs off your voice, pout it in a closet room. Or just run it through a guitar amp and be done with it. It's cool. But I'd set it in the track somehow. Then I assume the song resumes and that's really like a middle 8?

• Members

Well, the thing is, you
totally
pull it off. Remember that Stevie tune I posted on your thread about "New YORK!!! Just like I pictured it!" That had a lot of ambient sound to set it back a bit. Why not take a youtube video and strip the audio. Something from a high school parking lot. Or even just something with ambient air sound. Roll the highs off your voice, pout it in a closet room. Or just run it through a guitar amp and be done with it. It's cool. But I'd set it
in
the track somehow. Then I assume the song resumes and that's really like a middle 8?

Yeah... I keep picturing David Lee Roth... you've gotta be cocky to pull it off. To me, it is so not-me, it's hilarious. But the whole subject matter is too... so why the hell not?

• Moderators

How about doubling it through a Leslie on slow... that would be cool.

It might, but you do have a convincing garage rock thing going here. I'm just saying, one way to go with that is by accentuating that low end clipping. That's the sound of those records lately. The low end of that Big Muff warbling in the harmonics. Trying to tie the low end of the guitar into the bass and not so seperate... by literally finding where your guitar rolls off in the lows and boosting. It's evil good fun.

_m/

• Moderators

Yeah... I keep picturing David Lee Roth... you've gotta be cocky to pull it off. To me, it is so not-me, it's hilarious. But the whole subject matter is too... so why the hell not?

Exactly. I get the Roth reference here, but you clearly aren't going for that. You sound like every kid in the HS parking lot. Cool, but not uber cool. Just a kid. Cool.

• Members

Exactly. I get the Roth reference here, but you clearly aren't going for that. You sound like every kid in the HS parking lot. Cool, but not uber cool. Just a kid. Cool.

I need to somehow convey that this is the early-mid 80s before Duran Duran took over the world. At least I think it is... maybe it's the late 70s?

• Members

Geez Ram... call Wally. I missed that. That's pretty funny.

So Justin, you have an 81 Camaro in there... I thought you were doing 90's. And the Journey was ironic Journey. I was way off...

Yes... ironic journey. Did the cool metal kids ever think Journey was cool?

• Moderators
Yes... ironic journey. Did the cool metal kids ever think Journey was cool?

No. They didn't. Nor did the punks, new wavers, jazzers. The only ones who thought Journey was cool... were people that weren't really all that... cool. Not that there's anything wrong with it. :)

• Members

Intro is a sample of "Buttercup". You hear the record getting ripped off of the player, various cracking/smashing sounds, car ignition and on-its-last-legs transmission, and then the guitar riff?

But it's got to be Buttercup really muffled, as if heard through a wall from the room next door ...

Archived