Did I blow up my first amp?

danman1980

• Members

So I plugged the speaker cable back into the input on my handsome devil in a moment of great stupidity. The amp worked ok for about an hour then started cutting out. Then I turned it off and let it cool down, turn it back on and it makes a horrible screaching/wonking noise.

Im afraid to turn it back on cuz it might make that noise again/kill me

Its a blackheart handsome devil- is it dead?

• Members
Are you brain dead? Worst troll attempt ever. "It worked fine for about an hour". You couldn't have plugged into the amp if the speaker jack was plugged into the input. Troll fail.
:facepalm:

This.

You wouldn't get sound if you plugged your cab into your input.

Where did you put the guitar cable? The amp output?

• Members

Not trolling

I got confused with all my cables running everywhere

So explain how you plugged into the amp with a cable already running into the input. You did say it "worked ok" for a while...which means you had to be playing through it. Can't wait for your reply!

• Members
So explain how you plugged into the amp with a cable already running into the input. You did say it "worked ok" for a while...which means you had to be playing through it. Can't wait for your reply!

Unless he means he did it, noticed it and fixed it, the hooked everything up normally and everything worked for a little while. :idk:

• Members

This happened to my uncle about 7 years ago. A good amount of steam can reset the preamp tubes. Just plug the amp in the bathroom and turn it on standby as you run a HOT shower for about 15-30 min. Move it as close to the shower as possible but not IN. Then after 30 min, get in the tub and flip the standby on and off a few times. All fixed...

... for us

Archived