Audio Centron RMA-1600 power amplifier

/pepi\

• Members

Any of you repair guys have a schematic for one of these. I've got one in on repair. Channel A protection relay will kick out and I can't find anything shorted on in the poweramp or preamp. :confused: Powersupply voltages look good too. Probably a problem in the protection circuit and I need a schematic to troubleshoot that PIA

• Members

Any of you repair guys have a schematic for one of these. I've got one in on repair. Channel A protection relay will kick out and I can't find anything shorted on in the poweramp or preamp.
:confused:
Powersupply voltages look good too. Probably a problem in the protection circuit and I need a schematic to troubleshoot that PIA

listen here Buster! Umm, anyway, I had that same model amp for 6-7 years pushing the hell out of it on subs and it never failed or hiccupped even once. Killer amp and healthy output for its rating. You could check Andy (agedhorse) in Live Sound, or just post this there for any of the techs. Also, have you tried LOUD ? Maybe they have something. Or as a longshot, the owner of Reason Amplification used to be the tube amp guru designer for Crate/Ampeg. Maybe he would have some ideas for you.

• Members

listen here Buster! Umm, anyway, I had that same model amp for 6-7 years pushing the hell out of it on subs and it never failed or hiccupped even once. Killer amp and healthy output for its rating. You could check Andy (agedhorse) in Live Sound, or just post this there for any of the techs. Also, have you tried LOUD ? Maybe they have something. Or as a longshot, the owner of Reason Amplification used to be the tube amp guru designer for Crate/Ampeg. Maybe he would have some ideas for you.

I found the problem :) thermo cutout circuit. Fixed and up running :love::wave:

Thanks anyway

• Members

you're a pretty smart plucker! They are pretty solid amps! Whatcha using it for?

Been plucking for over 30 years at this shit. Started with B/W TVs :facepalm: Not mine. Got it in on repair from a local band. And yes, this thing is made very well ... like a tank :cool:

Archived