Celestion 4x12 cabs? w/G-70s?

petejt

• Members

Hi, has anyone ever heard of Celestion's own speaker cabinets?

I've come across an old 4x12 that is loaded with G-70s 12" speakers. It can run in stereo or mono, and has a metal grille.

Has anyone ever owned or played these particular cabs?

It seems pretty good to me but it'd be nice to get some feedback on it please,

Quick before my spaghetti finishes cooking! :idea:

• Members

Sorry guys I was pissed off before... :o

It's just that I wanted some quick answers, literally while the spaghetti was boiling for dinner before heading out to check out the cab.

I had another look at the cab, and the badge on it actually says "CELESTION: powered by". At the bottom is a badge saying 'Messiah Series'.

I actually just bought the cab, now. I ripped off the 'Messiah Series' sticker and superglued a Mesa/Boogie badge over the top of the Celestion badge. The tolex is a bit torn up but I don't mind. I tried it with a Vox AC15 going into it with a ProCo Rat in front, and even then it was warm & bassy. I can't wait to hear how it sounds with my MarkIV :) .

• Members

Sorry guys I was pissed off before...
:o

It's just that I wanted some quick answers, literally while the spaghetti was boiling for dinner before heading out to check out the cab.

I had another look at the cab, and the badge on it actually says "CELESTION: powered by". At the bottom is a badge saying 'Messiah Series'.

I actually just bought the cab, now. I ripped off the 'Messiah Series' sticker and superglued a Mesa/Boogie badge over the top of the Celestion badge.

The only thing worse than being ashamed of the brand of equipment is trying to hide that shame by attributing it to another company that it will readily be apparent that it is, in fact, not made by.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

The only thing worse than being ashamed of the brand of equipment is trying to hide that shame by attributing it to another company that it will readily be apparent that it is, in fact, not made by.

I'm not trying to hide any shame. I prefer the look of the Mesa/Boogie badge, so I stuck it on. There's nothing wrong with the cab, just the speakers inside of it.

There's Celestion speakers in my other 4x12 cab and I'm very proud of them.

Archived