Help with my Ibanez's frets....

Chrisjd

• Members

So, I bash Ibanez a lot, and as has been proved again, for good reason..

I found one online that I liked a lot. String through, nice flame top etc...

Anyways, I decided to give them a chance again. The guitar came, and if you slide your hand across the bottom edge of the neck, the metal frets stick out a bit and you get that sharp feeling, like the neck shrunk and the frets are protruding.

Is there an easy way to repair this? if I rub lemon oil all over the board will it expand and make this less noticeable?

• Members

My high E is CONSTANTLY getting hung under the 20/21/22/23/24 frets because of a similar issue on my S5470. I missed the beginning of at least 2 solos due to this, at a gig last Friday. So annoying.

Damn that would piss me off.

• Members

Ibanez are hit and miss...when you get a good one, it's REALLY good...unfortunately, they are miss more than hit. I had a USA made S-series from the early 90s that I regret selling to THIS {censored}ING DAY...but I needed the scratch at the time, and couldn't afford to keep it. Looked EXACTLY like the model that Skolnick used to rock in the Souls of Black days, except with dot inlays instead of shark tooth. I loved that guitar. :cry:

• Members

So, I bash Ibanez a lot, and as has been proved again, for good reason..

I found one online that I liked a lot. String through, nice flame top etc...

Anyways, I decided to give them a chance again. The guitar came, and if you slide your hand across the bottom edge of the neck, the metal frets stick out a bit and you get that sharp feeling, like the neck shrunk and the frets are protruding.

Is there an easy way to repair this? if I rub lemon oil all over the board will it expand and make this less noticeable?

Right because Ibanez is the only company that this will happen to I picked up a Jackson and it had the same problem its called being stored in a too dry room and it will happen to any guitar. Take it to a tech and have him file the sides

• Members

go to a drug store and get some womens nail files.

get a concave metal one and several foam blocks.

Use the metal file to knock the sprouted ends down...then hit the whole edge with the foam blocks. This will smooth it all down.

This will also take the finish off of the wood...so if you're concerned about that...ummm...yeah...:idk: I don't care about that and prefer feel to look.

Archived