NCD Redstar Blackjack is tits

RyGy

• Members

I just got this cab the other day, and I also just got my Einstein a couple of weeks ago. This is the first time that I have bought a cab that I have been very impressed with. There are handles in the top corners, and on the sides. It comes with 4" monster locking casters that have a quick release. This cab looks tiny. It is short, and skinny, but it is 17" deep!!! This cab will not fall over. I swapped speakers with the cab standing up, and it didn't even lean while I was holding the speakers to screw them in. The wiring is very thick, and this cab is braced to survive a war.

Now lets get to the important stuff...how does it sound. I didn't care for the stock sound. with two Eminence Wizards, and two Texas heats, so I removed the texas heats since I like the wizard. I tried some Vin30s, didn't care for that. I had another wizard sitting around, so I put that in, plus a Man-o-war, and the extra chunk from the man-o-war is just what it needed. I put both the channel volume, and master on the Diezel at noon, and cranked away at some heavy drop D riffs. It was crazy loud, and clear, then I put the deep up to noon, and well the room started to shake, but it was still clear!!!!!

I compared this cab to my Avatar traditional with Vin30s, and there is no comparison, Compared to my Marshall MF400 with K100s, the Redstar walks all over it. Soon I will have my Earcandy cab to compare to it, and some spare K-100s to try in it, but this cab sounds huge!!!!

With how heavy this cab is I would hate to have to cary around a Havok cab with 4 delta pro drivers. It is suposed to weigh in at about 130lbs

I will post a pic of this beast later once I can get my phone to email my picture.

• Members
i think they are based here. they were blowing out a bunch on craigslist a couple months ago. never checked them out though. the ad always said that you couldn't test em out due to the warehouse you would get them from.
:(

I think that they are trying to get their name out a bit more. Mine was a demo, and I got it for $600 shipped to Canada!!!!!!! It is mint condition!!!!

I am also thinking that a Sable 212 might be in my future. Alnico hemp cone speakers that sell for about $250 each in a wicked cab for $599!!!!!

• Members

My buzzbomb has been in storage for about 6 months. I will have it bac late this month. Moving sucks. It was great with the K100s in it. I did have to put some small foam circles in front of the cones as home made beam blockers. I can't wait to compare it to this cab.

• Members

My buzzbomb has been in storage for about 6 months. I will have it bac late this month. Moving sucks. It was great with the K100s in it. I did have to put some small foam circles in front of the cones as home made beam blockers. I can't wait to compare it to this cab.

Nice. Looking forward to hearing how they compare!!

• Members
i think they are based here. they were blowing out a bunch on craigslist a couple months ago. never checked them out though. the ad always said that you couldn't test em out due to the warehouse you would get them from.
:(

Yep, I met Michael at their storage facility to pick up a cab from him last month. Super nice guy, and the cab is a tank.

Archived