OT: Packing goods - An Amazon.com guide

DeadNight Warrior

• Members

So I ordered a few things from Amazon.com a few weeks back. Wondered why the shipping cost was so high, but thought {censored} it.

Well, part of it arrived today, and I have to wonder if Amazon couldn't ship a bit cheaper if they didn't pack like {censored}ing morons.

Box arrives. As soon as I see it I'm already thinking "WTF? :confused:"

IMG_0725.jpg

Open the box up. Uhh... ok, WTF?

IMG_0727.jpg

Take out all the pointless (and it is pretty pointless the way they've used it, but more on that later) packaging material and...

IMG_0730.jpg

:eek: Yeah, that's three LPs and a small-ish {censored}ing book. You've gotta be {censored}ing kidding me. The box is {censored}ing 47 x 33 x 28cm. For three LPs and a {censored}ing book! A small-ish {censored}ing book! :confused::freak:

Does USPS not give the slightest {censored} about volume, and only calculate on actual weight or something? Coz I dunno how they'd calculate volumetric weight, but going by the figures I'm used to (i.e. LxWxHcm/4000), that comes out at about 5 times what the {censored}ing goods actually weigh. :freak: Even using the more reserved /6000 instead of /4000 that I saw the other day, it's still maybe 3 times or more the actual weight. WTF?

And I'm sorry, but dropping the {censored} in the bottom of the box and then throwing in a bunch of air cushions is not my idea of packaging. If that's what you're going to use, at least put a few in the bottom of the box before you drop the products in. Dumping them all on the top might be great if anything happens to land on the top of the box, but what about if anything happens to the bottom of the {censored}ing box?! Not to mention the fact that they didn't really use enough in there anyway. Yes they put a {censored}load in there, but they also used a box 10 times too {censored}ing big. There's a good 7 or 8cm gap between where the packaging ends and the top of the box. Flip the {censored}in' box around and guess what's gonna move around in the box? The {censored}ing products your packaging are supposed to be protecting, you {censored}ing cunts! :mad:

• Members

I don't understand morons who have no clue how to ship.

Here is a thought, if your package was to fall out of a car traveling at 60 mph, would it {censored}ing survive?

It should you douchebag. :lol:

Last thing I sent out (a microphone) was packed in bubble tape 3 layers thick. I could have played kick with the box and the mic would have been fine.

• Members

yeah, that's how they ship books/ media... sucks, but still better than the WWBW/MF/M123 warehouse monkeys tossing my $2k trumpet in a box twice the size of it's case with nothing to protect it but some freaking PAPER! 3 horns later, I finally got one that wasn't damaged :mad:

On a related note, watch out for Amazon items that need to be shipped via freight (they use CEVA, used to be called Eagle). I ordered a 2x12 cab a couple of months ago that sat in the local freight company's warehouse for nearly a WEEK before they decided that they could come out to my house.

When I finally got it, the box was banged up pretty good, but thankfully the cab was OK.

Archived