Rough start of a song (with phone demo)

stickboymusic

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Knight

View Post

Head scratch. Wha? I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with. Sounds like we both like it.

Sorry, yes. That was what I meant. I was being cute.

I only "disagreed" because you said it was really good, and I think it's really, really good.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll go against the flow here. I've listened through twice, and everything about the piece ticks the boxes. The lyric, the instrumentation, the arrangement.

But when I put it next to your existing body of work, the song still has a B-side feel to it.

It's a pretty subjective comment I know, but I thought I'd make it anyway.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by oldgitplayer

View Post

I'll go against the flow here. I've listened through twice, and everything about the piece ticks the boxes. The lyric, the instrumentation, the arrangement.

But when I put it next to your existing body of work, the song still has a B-side feel to it.

It's a pretty subjective comment I know, but I thought I'd make it anyway.

I agree totally - which is why I am wasting no more time on it - it is fine as a demo, I dont think id ever put it on an album

that said, i posted it on facebook and a load of people liked it and reshared it which rarely happens (mostly females, so maybe it appeals more to them)

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by stickboymusic

View Post

I agree totally - which is why I am wasting no more time on it - it is fine as a demo, I dont think id ever put it on an album

that said, i posted it on facebook and a load of people liked it and reshared it which rarely happens (mostly females, so maybe it appeals more to them)

As songwriters, we listen to our own and others work with a much more discerning ear.

As the expression goes : 'Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the public'.

Archived