Peavey Bravo thoughts?

schenkadere

• Members

they're great sounding amps, but I believe the eq is active, not passive?
:confused:

that's what I thought too, but from what I can read in the schematic (which is a bit messy, like most peavey schemes), the drive channel has passive a "James" tonestack, very close to the Framus Cobra eq section

only the clean channel seems to be active

the gain stages are pretty close to the ultras, but the tonestack is definitely not the same

• Members
that's what I thought too, but from what I can read in the schematic (which is a bit messy, like most peavey schemes), the drive channel has passive a "James" tonestack, very close to the Framus Cobra eq section

only the clean channel seems to be active

the gain stages are pretty close to the ultras, but the tonestack is definitely not the same

Strange, the clean channel EQ always seemed passive in the same way all the other peaveys I ever owned and the lead channel responded like the typical ultra series which makes sense and seems logical.:idk:

• Members

Strange, the clean channel EQ always seemed passive in the same way all the other peaveys I ever owned and the lead channel responded like the typical ultra series which makes sense and seems logical.
:idk:

the switching isn't clear to me cause this schem is not "linear", so I'm not sure about the clean channel

looks very similar to the rockmaster and triple XXX clean, so it's probably passive

but I definitely can't see the drive channel as active, unless I'm missing some line

I'll ask my tech friend later

• Members

I had one for a while. Almost kept it. VERY nice tone. I can't say with complete authority if they are Marshall sounding (didn't do an AB comparison,) but they do sound great and I've read of dozens of players that said they had excellent Marshall-like tone.

I only paid $20 for mine. Sold it for LOTS more than that.

• Members
I had one for a while. Almost kept it. VERY nice tone. I can't say with complete authority if they are Marshall sounding (didn't do an AB comparison,) but they do sound great and I've read of dozens of players that said they had excellent Marshall-like tone.

I only paid $20 for mine. Sold it for LOTS more than that.

Wow...I thought I got a good deal.:eek:

• Members

3 channel? Bravo's just 2, isn't it? Clean and Lead with pull gain boost.

Considering the amount of gain the Bravo has this is gonna sound dumb,but get a boost turn the boost tone control past noon pull that gain knob and dial the gain back to 3 (11' oclock)

Hard rock heaven! place it to 7 (2 oclock) Metal massacre!

Crank the volume and crank the midz and you can just hang with a band (with the right cab)

Archived