anyone know much about these amps??

vic

• Members

I've played this amp, it's stereo, sounds like a Rockman. I can tell you the albums I know that used a Rockman. Megadeth Peace Sells, Boston - Third Stage, ZZ Top - Eliminator, Recycler; Meat Puppets - Up on the Sun; Buckethead - Bucketheadland; Def Leppard - Hysteria.

Buckethead used the one in your photo, don't know about the rest.

• Members

I've played this amp, it's stereo, sounds like a Rockman. I can tell you the albums I know that used a Rockman. Megadeth Peace Sells, Boston - Third Stage, ZZ Top - Eliminator, Recycler; Meat Puppets - Up on the Sun; Buckethead - Bucketheadland; Def Leppard - Hysteria.

Buckethead used the one in your photo, don't know about the rest.

Theres also speculation that Criss Oliva used it on some older Savatage recordings. Some people claim they can hear it very prominently on Hall of The Mountain king.

Not as mainstream a band as what you listed, but they definitely had some great classic metal tones (especially leads).

• Members

They are very 1980's sounding (for obvious reasons) but they can do a wide variety of those tones remarkably well. There should be a sample clip at Rockamn history website that goes through all memory patches.

Awesome amps, but just don't evaluate them by the tone of the stock 6,5" speakers the first run of the "heads" had. They were almost immediately replced with a more conventional speaker setup.

• Members
worth like 200????

200$ is a {censored}ing steal! The reasonable price is more like adding one zero to the end of that. :lol:

That stuff is collectible to some. XP's are among the best solid-state amps ever made.

http://www.rockman.fr/Reviews/XP.htm

It sounds boxy but that's because the amp's internal small speakers are used instead of hooking it up to a proper guitar cab.
YmWwJ80U2oo

Archived