2 New Map Funds Started

mcr23

• Members

I think I need to start saving for something cool. I get to spend any money I make from gigs on more music gear. Both of those amps would be great to own, I don't see how you could go wrong.

Maybe I should go all snorkel dick and save for a real PRS, I just couldn't get into the SE models.

I am thinking of selling my Mesa .50 Cal + head also to help with new gear. I just don't use that amp anymore and it should go to someone who will use the thing.

Max

Max

• Members

I wonder if that is the regular tonestack or the HRM
:confused:

If you ask nik at C-Tone about the JB sound he will tell you the HRM but from just the clips of the S&M and regular OTS model I would say one of those because it sounds like they sing a little more than the HRM which is a little tighter and gainier...

You might wanna shoot him an email with that clip and ask him whats closest to that solo tone....

• Members

If you ask nik at C-Tone about the JB sound he will tell you the HRM but from just the clips of the S&M and regular OTS model I would say one of those because it sounds like they sing a little more than the HRM which is a little tighter and gainier...

You might wanna shoot him an email with that clip and ask him whats closest to that solo tone....

Yeah, we've gone back and forth a few times. I think the regular ODS is what would want. It's more open-sounding to me and smooth.

I'm sure the HRM is nice though. I wish he would have the deep feature added to the regular ODS too.

• Members

Yeah, we've gone back and forth a few times. I think the regular ODS is what would want. It's more open-sounding to me and smooth.

I'm sure the HRM is nice though. I wish he would have the deep feature added to the regular ODS too.

I think that everyone who was going for the JB tone went with the HRM cuz nik recommended it but I would prolly go with the regular ODS cuz of its smoothness.. the HRM sounds a little to in-your-face gain wise to get that singing jb solo sound...

• Members

I think that everyone who was going for the JB tone went with the HRM cuz nik recommended it but I would prolly go with the regular ODS cuz of its smoothness.. the HRM sounds a little to in-your-face gain wise to get that singing jb solo sound...

Yeah he really thinks the HRM because of the additonal post-gain tonestack, the deep feature, the extra gain, and the independent master volume for the clean channel.

apparently switchwing channels at live volume is tricky with the regular OTS

• Members

Well all of the ODS models sounded badass imo...

its the Jubilee I have been skeptical of. I don't see many youtube vids except for a couple guys from the bonamassa forums... the general consensus besides those guys was it didn't sound like a Jubilee, more like a 900 (2205 or 2210)

• Members
Hmmm that is def the last thing I would want
:eek:

I can't really say thats how they sound cuz i have yet to play one but most of the youtube vids dont sound like a 2555. Listen to a clip of a real 2555 and then the ceriatone clips on youtube and see for yourself.... do they sound similar???

Maybe saying it sounds like a 900 was a little harsh lol... maybe bad diode clipped 800 (even tho thats wat a jube is).

I wish someone would A/B them so we can hear the diff....

• Members
I can't really say thats how they sound cuz i have yet to play one but most of the youtube vids dont sound like a 2555. Listen to a clip of a real 2555 and then the ceriatone clips on youtube and see for yourself.... do they sound similar???

Maybe saying it sounds like a 900 was a little harsh lol... maybe bad diode clipped 800 (even tho thats wat a jube is).

I wish someone would A/B them so we can hear the diff....

This is a job for the tone king :cop:

and he better start of with one of these bad boys right here m/

Archived