Why EHX is awesome...

JBecker

• Members

That's a REALLY cool video, :thu:

but...............

I've never plugged into an EHX pedal, and said, "wow, that sounds great."

However, I've had fantastic luck with Boss and MXR stuff. go figure.

FWIW, I'm not really into 70's sounds, so there. It's my fault.. :(

• Members
That's a REALLY cool video,
:thu:

but...............

FWIW, I'm not really into 70's sounds, so there. It's my fault..
:(

Too much hairspray in your music. Though I'm surprised that you don't love the Small Stone... best phaser IMO.

• Members
That's a REALLY cool video,
:thu:

but...............

FWIW, I'm not really into 70's sounds, so there. It's my fault..
:(

I love the Small Clone, but none of the others have really made me have to have them.

• Members

too bad when you put most ehx pedals in your signal chain they totally color and {censored} up your tone. They are the hands down worst pedals i have ever had. Im a pedal junkie and i probably wont ever buy another ehx pedal again. The only ehx product i still use is the 2880, and that too {censored}s up my tone.

• Members
too bad when you put most ehx pedals in your signal chain they totally color and {censored} up your tone. They are the hands down worst pedals i have ever had. Im a pedal junkie and i probably wont ever buy another ehx pedal again. The only ehx product i still use is the 2880, and that too {censored}s up my tone.

That's kind of what I was saying, actually.:lol::lol::lol:

Anybody want to play hockey with my Holy Stain?:idea:

• Members

While the video was totally awesome (I grew up listening to Pink Floyd), I can tell you guys.. I can get waaaaaaaayyyy better results with the stuff I'm using now.

But I'll have to keep it a secret, till our record's out :)

• Members

i don't know...i love my dmm ^_^

• Members
i don't know...i love my dmm ^_^

I loved mine, too. But mine was from Analogman, and it came pre-modded with a true bypass. :idk: Even then, when it was on, it still messed with my tone a bit. I liked it, overall, but my Carbon Copy replaced it on my board, & I sold my DMM after that... The DMM's modulation was definitely better than the CC's though.

• Members
I loved mine, too. But mine was from Analogman, and it came pre-modded with a true bypass.
:idk:
Even then, when it was on, it still messed with my tone a bit. I liked it, overall, but my Carbon Copy replaced it on my board, & I sold my DMM after that... The DMM's modulation was definitely better than the CC's though.

Yeah, but nothing sounds as good as the EHX stuff. It's really almost worth buying a cheap TB strip with like 5 isolated loops and throwing the EHX stuff in their own TB loop. They're not expensive at all and I wouldn't have to compromise on some absolutely killer sounds (straight in or with effects on).

Honestly, the whole point of the EHX stuff is to {censored} with your signal. It can be really annoying for some applications, but for me, most of the time, close enough for rock and roll and worth the sacrifice.

Archived