Make an Electradyne into a Mark?

LBOIV001

• Members

Recently got a Mesa Electradyne and love it.

However....I miss the old Mark series spongy, liquid lead tones, and was wondering what OD pedal might come close to fitting the bill? I thought about using a zoom g9 in the loop or by 4 cable method......or maybe just use the pedal effects on the board as a stompbox section.

Any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks in advance.

• Members

Oooops.....sorry about the lack of info.

I probably should specify that I (try to) play everything from upbeat country to rock/metal. I want to be as versatile as possible, and I'm almost completely there with the ED.

• Members

I have never played an Electradyne, but I imagine you can only get so far without a Mark.

I can get more of the liquid,smooth thing using a TS based pedal in front of my Recto, but its still not like plugging directly into my Mark for liquid tones.

• Members

I love the Electradyne for its "barky" low compression type feel but it cannot do the liquidy lead tone the Mark IV has.

I tried booster with a clear boost briefly but honestly I like it as is and for what it does. .

They both do very well for gigging and the simplicity of the Electradyne is great. However, it doesn't take me a lot of time to adjust the Mark IV to get a great tone out of it either.

That's why I got both, they each do their own thing going.

Archived