so basically everyone here plays metal, huh?

decayrate

• Members

...for middle eastern space rock?
:idk:

That was actually a bass gig, but yeah, it was better than some {censored}ty weedly weedly rawr rawr band.

Edit: aaaaaaand, that band broke up months ago. I haven't been hanging out here much. Guess I ought to change my sig, eh?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Metal is lame. Play something that takes talent for a change.

That is uncalled for, especially on a site that YOU know is mostly metal. One liners are for people who are either to lazy or incapable of posting a reasoned opinion. Metal is lame, is not a reasoned opinion. Why do you think it is lame? Do you have anything like objective facts to prove your point of view? Are you a troll?

I don't play metal but I respect the genre and it's thanks to some of the guys around here that I am not as ignorant about metal as I used to be.

Of course I considered Led Zeppelin and their ilk to be metal so I have been a big metal always fan since the early 1970's.

• Members

Single-note lines played at 220 BPM over a bass doing the exact same thing or two-finger chord shapes in E minor (or its downtuned equivalent) is not harmonic complexity.

There's so much metal out there, it's stupid to say things like "metal is this or metal is that."

• Members

There's so much metal out there, it's stupid to say things like "metal is this or metal is that."

...and I've listened to a metric {censored}load of it over the years, and the vast majority is really, really simple harmonically and in E minor or its downtuned equivalent...

• Members

...and I've listened to a metric {censored}load of it over the years, and the vast majority
is
really, really simple harmonically and in E minor or its downtuned equivalent...

I'll tell you, DT rhythm is no walk in the park, most of it anyway.

Archived