Help please! Peavey Amp blowing fuses!

Bryce_dude13

• Members

Hey everyone. I have a Peavey Heritage that's having a problem. When I turn it on it hums very loudly then blows the fuse and then turns off. All of the tubes are in great shape and everything looks connected just right. It didn't do this until I opened it up the other day, but this has never happened before. I've read that it might be the filter caps.. They have kind of a brown color on the connections. Any ideas what it might be? I'm definitely going to take it to a tech soon.

• Members

One of the 6l6's has a chipped middle(meaning the small plastic piece in the middle of the tube), I didn't think it would make that much of a difference. Could that maybe be it?

Unless you got that tube in the wrong way. That's what that key is for, to make sure it gets inserted into the socket the right way. Pull all the tubes and turn it on. If it's blowing the fuse after taking it off of standby, then it's after that switch and it could be anything.

• Members

Unless you got that tube in the wrong way. That's what that key is for, to make sure it gets inserted into the socket the right way. Pull all the tubes and turn it on. If it's blowing the fuse after taking it off of standby, then it's after that switch and it could be anything.

I'll try this, thanks for the advice.

• 9 years later...

Archived