OT: Quality on Laptops-- a simple example

JBecker

• Members

I'm sitting at a table in Panera right now studying with a friend. Any time either of us type, her laptop screen has a notable "flapping" back and forth while mine does not move at all.

She's using a 1.5 year old Macbook and I'm using an almost 5 year old IBM Thinkpad.

• Members

I'm sitting at a table in Panera right now studying with a friend. Any time either of us type, her laptop screen has a notable "flapping" back and forth while mine does not move at all.

She's using a 1.5 year old Macbook and I'm using an almost 5 year old IBM Thinkpad.

I have a two year old MacBook Pro and it doesn't flap. I have several HP laptops that are newer at the office, they all flap.

Yes, Thinkpads are nice.

So what.

Troll thread.

• Members

I have a two year old MacBook Pro and it doesn't flap. I have several HP laptops that are newer at the office, they all flap.

Yes, Thinkpads are nice.

So what.

Troll thread.

Macbook Pros are metal chasis-- totally different.

I just thought it was bizarre as hell. I hadn't seen that in a laptop before, though I'm sure many have that problem, and I thought it was funny/ironic it was a Mac.

• Members
Macbook Pros are metal chasis-- totally different.

I just thought it was bizarre as hell. I hadn't seen that in a laptop before, though I'm sure many have that problem, and I thought it was funny/ironic it was a Mac.

Actually to be honest the regular MacBooks really AREN'T that solid, IMO, until the new unibody MacBooks came out. My buddy has the new white one, and it's world's better than the white models we have at work. Really solid.

So......I guess I can't really disagree with you. :thu:

• Members
Actually to be honest the regular MacBooks really AREN'T that solid, IMO, until the new unibody MacBooks came out. My buddy has the new white one, and it's world's better than the white models we have at work. Really solid.

So......I guess I can't really disagree with you.
:thu:

:love:

Yeah, but at least they have that cool magnetic power cable. I'm sure that's patented or we'd see it everywhere. That's a truly inspired idea.

• Members
:love:

Yeah, but at least they have that cool magnetic power cable. I'm sure that's patented or we'd see it everywhere. That's a truly inspired idea.

They all do, the newer ones too. No idea if it's patented, but I really dig it. {censored} doesn't get loose like regular laptops' AC adapters.

• Members

They all do, the newer ones too. No idea if it's patented, but I really dig it. {censored} doesn't get loose like regular laptops' AC adapters.

Not to mention when some dumb {censored} walks by and snags his foot on your cord it will disconnect itself.

Archived