NAD Hotrod content

tacobear

• Members

Picked this fella up yesterday. Just thought I'd post it up to see what people had to say about them. This is my first Fender Amp having had a 5150 and a horrid Marshall valvestate before, so Im enjoying the glassy cleans and the grunt it has in the overdrive. Any suggestions about tube or speaker changes and what they would achieve?

Thanks!

DSC01601.jpg

DSC01600.jpg

• Members
Happy NAD!

I think I'm one of the few people on these boards who digs the HRD. The cleans are great and it takes pedals well.

As for speakers, I dropped a V30 in mine and I like it quite a bit more than the stock speaker.
:thu:

SO far I think Im digging it as well. I think its a bit more a rough around the edges affair than other fender amps Ive tried or heard, but for what Im doing that pretty much fits the bill.

So what do these mods you guys are talking about do to the sound? Also is there a way of making the reverb activate with a footswitch?

• Members
Happy NAD!

I think I'm one of the few people on these boards who digs the HRD. The cleans are great and it takes pedals well.

As for speakers, I dropped a V30 in mine and I like it quite a bit more than the stock speaker.
:thu:

I like it too.

• Members

I had a HRD for years and hated every minute of it. The clean is ok and the drive channel sucks absolute balls. But to be fair I never changed the speaker. I have heard that a V30 sounds great in them.

Another reason I hated it so much, is how cheaply it was made. I had to put it in the shop a lot for all kinds of problems. Maybe I just had a dud.

Archived