Should I buy an LTD M-300FM?

Beavis808

• Members

I am probably going to sell my Ibanez, because I just can't jive with it anymore, and then buy the LTD with some extra money. Who has played/own one of these? Would you recommend it to someone who is looking to something very similar to a M-400? Might as well put a few pictures of it on here:

72068_l.jpg

preview.jpg

LTD%202010%20M300FM%20See%20Thru%20Black

LTD%202010%20M300FM%20See%20Thru%20Black

I love my friends M-400, it just feels very comfortable and sounds great. And looking at the specs for this guitar, it is very close to it. Neck through, active EMG's, same inlays etc. Except the M-400's body is alder, while the 300FM's is mahagony. Anyway, does this seem like a good decision?

• Members

Why? Is there a problem with the newer line of LTD's?

500 and below are made in indonesia, and not made well.

even some of the 1k's arent that good. i went shopping and tried some new 1k's and 400's. they had nothing on the 2005's. lots of flaws on the fretboard and frets. i wouldnt touch a ltd made after 2005.

• Members

Go play one at a store or something........I've played imports that were {censored} and some that were great........it's a crap shoot alot of times........I don't care where they are made........you'll find {censored} and good stuff from imports.......it's a try situation......I'm guessing that your buddies M-400 was made in Indonesia so that should tell you something.....

• Members

Go play one at a store or something........I've played imports that were {censored} and some that were great........it's a crap shoot alot of times........I don't care where they are made........you'll find {censored} and good stuff from imports.......it's a try situation......

yeah, but with a 05 or lower, you KNOW you're more likely than not to get a dud.

• Members

yeah, but with a 05 or lower, you KNOW you're more likely than not to get a dud.

You can find inconsistencies.........good or bad feel.........tone......in any make or model of guitar......any........how many times have you run into someone who is looking for that "right" Les Paul? Just saying.......

• Members

My other guitarist bought a EC-401 with the see thru black quilt top and the thing is sweet

But..... we tried all the ones they had and this one was the only good one in the bunch

They even brought out a 1000 series that they[samAsh]had a speical on and it sucked, felt so light and felt horrible

So I would either buy old, or go play all of them you can, to find that one that you like

By the way If I bought the EC-401 I would swap the EMGs for something else as I don't like them, some guys get them to sound good but not me lol!

• Members

Do you really want one of these? If I were you, I would just save up and get the gutiar you want...otherwise, you wont be happy with it, and want to flip it later to get what you want.

Yes, I do. But after some of the answers I've gotten here, apparently the newer models are bad? I'm probably going to GC soon to see if they have one and try it out to be safe.

• Members

Oh and I know a guy selling a white M-1000 that has pretty everything I want on it for 650. Think I should just go for that?

I would go for that :)

I say 400 series and above (Or the old 300 series and above).

Thats are basically the MIK ones.

• Members

Yes, I do. But after some of the answers I've gotten here, apparently the newer models are bad? I'm probably going to GC soon to see if they have one and try it out to be safe.

i went to 3 different shops and played all the new ltd's they had. its not even worth it man.

• Members

i went to 3 different shops and played all the new ltd's they had. its not even worth it man.

What about the M-1000 deluxe? I could buy one for 650. It has almost everything I'm looking for right now: Alder body, neck through, active EMG's, it doesn't have an ebony fingerboard but I'm not that picky :p

• Members

Everybody harps on LTDs. They aren't bad. I own 3 of them. Don't play one epxecting a Japanese Eclipse-esque quality and you're fine. They're good for the pricepoint.

not when the fret ends are sharp, the binding is rough as {censored}, and theres a gap between the fretboard and binding that gets wider the higher up the scale you go.

• Members

not when the fret ends are sharp, the binding is rough as {censored}, and theres a gap between the fretboard and binding that gets wider the higher up the scale you go.

Well then someone fell asleep at the controls, it's not justification to condemn an entire manufacturer.

• Members

Well then someone fell asleep at the controls, it's not justification to condemn an entire manufacturer.

this was on multiple guitars at multiple dealers. first one was a ec1k silverburst.

second one was an ec400 at another, and an ec400vf at the same shop. third one was an ec1k at another shop in red. they all had the same flaws.

the 400's are made in indonesia, the 1k's korea.

• Members

I have an Indonesian M-401. Other than the fact that is was setup horribly out of the box, it's a killer guitar. Just as solid as any LTD I've played. Bought it from Norton666's shop. :thu:

IMAGE_094.jpg

I think the M-400s are MIK and the 401s and MII.

Archived