Egnater rebel or Blackstar HT-5

tuffvit

• Members

Never played a blackstar so I can't compare, but my Rebel 20 is amazingly versatile. If you need a clean and dirty they do have the 30 watter, and if you wanna save some bucks, try the tweaker. It's the Rebel without the 6V6 power tubes. I could easily live with the Tweaker instead of my Rebel, but it wasn't out when I bought the Rebel. Just my .02

• Members

The Tweaker is amazingly versatile. I sing its' praises often, because it deserves it. I tried the HT-5 stack, found it cute, but lacking... even among 5 watt tube amps, it doesn't have the volume or projection you'd expect (compare the HT-5 to a Blackheart Little Giant for volume and the BH wins with only 1 12" cab.) Tweaker has balls to spare, and the Reb is louder yet. Tone is better on the Egnaters, too, especially for rock and blues. Tweak takes pedals like a champ, too.

• Members

The Tweaker is amazingly versatile. I sing its' praises often, because it deserves it. I tried the HT-5 stack, found it cute, but lacking... even among 5 watt tube amps, it doesn't have the volume or projection you'd expect (compare the HT-5 to a Blackheart Little Giant for volume and the BH wins with only 1 12" cab.) Tweaker has balls to spare, and the Reb is louder yet. Tone is better on the Egnaters, too, especially for rock and blues. Tweak takes pedals like a champ, too.

the tweaker is getting a lot of love everywhere even above both rebel's

• Members

for those of you that own both which has the better tone ????
:confused:

many thanks...
:confused:

Depends....The Blackstar overdrive sound smokes the Rebel but the Rebel is much more versatile. I use the HT-5 as a one channel amp and roll back my volume for cleans (the clean channel really is mediocre)...Even direct into the board the sound is terrific.

• Members

I would have bought the Tweaker if it had two channels.

BT-5 has 2 channels.

• Members

Cute???? Wow, the HT-5 is probably the BEST sounding overdrive 5 watter available under $400...of the Epi, Crate, Blackheart, Marshall, Bugera, etc. It is easliy the most authentic sounding little gain amp I've ever played. And who cares about volume, all of these amps need to be mic'd. The Blackheart clean sounds good but the overdrive isn't in the same league as the HT-5

• Members

Cute???? Wow, the HT-5 is probably the BEST sounding overdrive 5 watter available under $400...of the Epi, Crate, Blackheart, Marshall, Bugera, etc. It is easliy the most authentic sounding little gain amp I've ever played. And who cares about volume, all of these amps need to be mic'd. The Blackheart clean sounds good but the overdrive isn't in the same league as the HT-5

Thanks for shining the light!:thu:

• Members

There must have been something wrong with that ht-5 that guy was playing because mine is very loud through a 2x12. I still think the ht-5 is the best bet for an amp in it's class. The drive channel is great and can get very mean and with a turn of the isf knob it is really versatile. The clean channel is actually really good with single coils but it can be a little lackluster with humbuckers but with some tweaking you can get some sounds.

• Members

There must have been something wrong with that ht-5 that guy was playing because mine is very loud through a 2x12. I still think the ht-5 is the best bet for an amp in it's class. The drive channel is great and can get very mean and with a turn of the isf knob it is really versatile. The clean channel is actually really good with single coils but it can be a little lackluster with humbuckers but with some tweaking you can get some sounds.

It was a guitar center floor demo... it could have had a blown tube for all I know, but I cranked it to the max, and I thought "meh." It had great tone, but I wanted more bawlz.

Archived