Cover Clip inside. Rebel Yell. Love to know what you all think.

riffy

• Members

Original tracks? I don't quite understand what you mean there. If it is did I use any of the original CD music, only the ray guy sounds I flew in.

The rest is all Axe-Fx. No I didn't adjust anything other than the volume knob on the guitar. I kept it at around 6 for most of the song. I have a treble bleed cap in this guitar and the fuller sounds I think you are referring to are simply turning the volume knob to 10.

nice, I agree with everyone that it sounds great and your playing is spot on.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I almost can't hear the difference between this and the original. spot on

I am honestly, very, very appreciative of your very kind comments and taking your time to listen... I thank you much.

Gary

• Members

nice, I agree with everyone that it sounds great and your playing is spot on.

Thanks so much! I really dug this tune... I have been practicing a bit lately, trying to get my chops back up to snuff. I ain't there yet, but I am slowly

making progress.

Gary

• Members
Nice job, sounds great! But why didn't you do the ray gun sounds yourself? No whammy or did you just not want to risk wailing on it that hard?
:lol:

No, I had a Floyd and did use it. The ray gun sounds though aren't with the bar though as far as I can figure out. It is some piece of gear Steve had that does that thing.

Gary

PS. Thank you! I work over my whammo bars though....lol

• Members
The guitar track is great.

Playing to the generic backing track, no vocals.....no band....boo!

Sorry Gary.
:cry:

It's ok bro! I can't sing for squat. If you can, download the track and have at it!
I would LOVE to hear it with vocals on it!

Gary

• Members

ya know what? I just might do that!

I'm also whining because I've been posting some practice clips with jack {censored} responses. I think I've got a couple good clips now....but it's a lot of work for 2-3 feedbacks.

Got a gig tomorrow night (Friday)...but this weekend...I'll post those clips and I'll put some pipes on yours!

• Members

ya know what? I just might do that!

I'm also whining because I've been posting some practice clips with jack {censored} responses. I think I've got a couple good clips now....but it's a lot of work for 2-3 feedbacks.

Got a gig tomorrow night (Friday)...but this weekend...I'll post those clips and I'll put some pipes on yours!

Sweet deal! I can't wait to hear it!

I am surprised anyone likes the crap I put out as well.

If I get 10 responses, I am knocked out!

Gary

• Members

Sounds great, Gary :thu:

Has that knife edge attack like the original, and the feedback is spot on. The only only only thing I can think of is the 'verb on the intro riff is a bit too heavy.

Like if it were my Pro, I would turn the 'verb down from 2.75 to 2.6 kind of thing. That minor.

• Members

Gary ~ that's just stoopid tight & excellent playing. As you pointed out, that solo only sounds simple either A) on first listen, or B) to the uninitiated. You tore it up, brutha! :rawk:

If anything, I wonder if your cover doesn't sound a little more polished than the original? :idk:

So, what model(s), etc?

C

• Members

No, I had a Floyd and did use it. The ray gun sounds though aren't with the bar though as far as I can figure out. It is some piece of gear Steve had that does that thing.

Gary

PS. Thank you! I work over my whammo bars though....lol

Hmm, thought I saw him do it by wailing away on the whammy bar back in the day but maybe not. According to an article I found it was a Lexicon PCM-41 digital delay.

• Members
Sounds great, Gary
:thu:

Has that knife edge attack like the original, and the feedback is spot on. The only only only thing I can think of is the 'verb on the intro riff is a bit too heavy.

Like if it were my Pro, I would turn the 'verb down from 2.75 to 2.6 kind of thing. That minor.

Dave,
Thanks much man! I have a hard time with the verb. I dig it and tend to lay on
a bit too much...

I really appreciate your listening and taking time to comment bro!

Gary

• Members
Gary ~ that's just stoopid tight & excellent playing. As you pointed out, that solo only sounds simple either A) on first listen, or B) to the uninitiated. You tore it up, brutha!
:rawk:

If anything, I wonder if your cover doesn't sound a little more polished than the original?
:idk:

So, what model(s), etc?

C

I bow humbly in your direction Chris. Thank you.
Believe it or not, I used the Brown model with the gain down a bunch and
turned the guitar volume down to around 6 for most of the parts. Then pushed the guitar volume up for the bigger sounding sections.

Gary

• Members
I bow humbly in your direction Chris. Thank you.

Believe it or not, I used the Brown model with the gain down a bunch and

turned the guitar volume down to around 6 for most of the parts. Then pushed the guitar volume up for the bigger sounding sections.

Gary

I totally believe it. In fact, I'll bet that lil' volume knob trick has more than a little to do with how spot-on it sounds... :thu:

• Members

Hmm, thought I saw him do it by wailing away on the whammy bar back in the day but maybe not. According to an article I found it was a Lexicon PCM-41 digital delay.

I'm pretty sure he had the actual guts from one of those toy rayguns built into some of his axes

Archived