New Danzig album

mike moriarty

• Members

he should put glenn in the band name so as not to confuse people.

danzig was:

glenn danzig

john christ

chuck biscuits

eerie von

{censored} started going downhill when chuck left, and went to utter {censored}e when john bailed.

so as far as i'm concerned, this {censored} is as much danzig as it is misfits or samhain...meaning, none at all. :mad:

bring back john and chuck and then talk to me :thu:

• Members

he should put glenn in the band name so as not to confuse people.

danzig was:

glenn danzig

john christ

chuck biscuits

eerie von

{censored} started going downhill when chuck left, and went to utter {censored}e when john bailed.

so as far as i'm concerned, this {censored} is as much danzig as it is misfits or samhain...meaning, none at all.
:mad:

bring back john and chuck and then talk to me
:thu:

This. John and Chuck are the {censored}! :rawk:

• Members

You guys do know that Glenn wrote most of the music when John and Chuck were in the band right?
:o

i know he says he did, but he's a midget with egomania...and a glass chin :cop:

seriously though, chuck's drumming held the whole thing together and if glenn wrote ALL the music, why did it start sucking when john left? :idea:

• Members

i know he says he did, but he's a midget with egomania...and a glass chin
:cop:

seriously though, chuck's drumming held the whole thing together and if glenn wrote ALL the music, why did it start sucking when john left?
:idea:

lol! My band was supposed to play that show in AZ, where he got knocked out! But the show promoter was a slimy puke that didn't tell us he overbooked bands to play...we got turned back and made the 4 hr trip for nothing. :mad:

• Members

I'm a huge Danzig fan, but the album {censored}ing sucks. The production and mix are AWFUL. I've heard in interviews that he said that he went out and bought vintage gear to get the sounds on the album, but that's a piss poor excuse. The production is very similar to the Gorgeous Frankenstein album, which he also produced.

The songs are repetitive and quite frankly {censored}ty. Ju Ju Bone? Black Candy? Not one song on it stands up to any song on Danzig I through Iv. Tommy Victor's soloing is pitiful. It is atonal fret dicking. The solos do not fit in the songs at all. I really wanted to like this album, but {censored}. The only song that is semi decent is Deth Red Moon, but the god damn tambourine or maracas are sooo prominent in the mix that it kills the song.

• Members

lol! My band was supposed to play that show in AZ, where he got knocked out! But the show promoter was a slimy puke that didn't tell us he overbooked bands to play...we got turned back and made the 4 hr trip for nothing.
:mad:

that woulda pissed me off right there. if that had happened to me, i probably woulda got myself KO'd too...but it woulda took more than one punch :o

• Members

that woulda pissed me off right there. if that had happened to me, i probably woulda got myself KO'd too...but it woulda took more than one punch
:o

I WAS pissed!!

But the next day I lol'd when I found out that my homie Danny knocked him out that night! :lol:

• Members

I can get something out of almost every album.

I, II and III were obviously the best albums.

IV grew on me, Dominion has an amazing chorus, Going Down To Die would fit in right with II or III, and everything else has it's moments, just took a while for me to enjoy.

Blackacidevil had decent songwriting, but the damn industrial {censored} ruined it. Come to Silver is a good example of this, the acoustic version from the last tracks compilation was great. A lot of other songs would be great if they were done differently.

666 was rad, but would have been a lot better if it were more raw and guitar heavy, and less electronic, there's definitely some solid riffage on the album.

777 was great, if the production quality was better, and it were more guitar heavy, I would like it even better. Todd Youth is a great guitar player.

Circle of Snakes had some sweet riffs as well. Black Angel White Angel has a definite I/II/III vibe on it. There's a lot of great moments on this record.

Haven't checked the new album out yet, but I plan on it soon.

All in all, I dig Danzig a lot. I think John, Chuck, and Eerie definitely contributed to the sound a lot more than Glenn said they did. John had a great thing going with his blues/metal style, and was very, very good at making heavy sounding riffs, that were incredibly simple. Chuck laid the bedding for the sound, his drumming style really added a lot of umph to Johns riffs and most the bands intensity seemed to have come from Chucks super heavy style. Eerie was also a big part, and people don't really think of it. He laid alot of sweet grooves down, and made really effective use of pedal tones.

Long story short, every members playing came together to make some great sounding {censored}. In my opinion, their styles complimented each other better than any other rock band.

• Members

Danzig hasn't released anything decent or consistent since danzig IV ,everything thing since that has been very poor indeed. Glen needs to hang up the danzig stuff for it will never come close to the original early days with bisciuts Jc and vON.

• Members

Danzig hasn't released anything decent or consistent since danzig IV ,everything thing since that has been very poor indeed. Glen needs to hang up the danzig stuff for it will never come close to the original early days with bisciuts Jc and vON.

Have you heard the record? Because it is very similar to the early stuff.

Archived