Why does an amp always sound great just before you pack it up....

mhenson42

• Members

I wish I could sell mine
:cry:

I was going to sell mine (I never have time to play it anymore loud because I got some family staying at my house and I can't hardly turn the volume plus I need cash for fees) but prices {censored}ing stink right now. It is weird because a few months someone put one up for $3200 and it sold within an hour when there were two for sale that were $2900 :confused:

• Members

Last time I had it up I had it at $2700 shipped but after the guitar I wanted sold I just took it down. That is $500 and $550 less than I have sold the two before this one
:facepalm::blah:
:blah:

Yeah, but the one you have is an older one isn't it? I think $2,800 give or take is a fair price for it. I sold mine for $3k shipped. It's a 2006 with external bias/tube fault LEDs - with new el34s and a set of 6550s and a custom slip cover.

• Members

so the snax fx is the "be all/end all" for you Matt?

No. But I really like it and it's really all I need. I'll still be buying/selling amps in the future I'm sure. Though I probably won't be amassing 5 or 6 amps like I had at one point.

I still have my Uberschall too. I will say the Herbert was my "be all end all" for along time but Axe FX aside, I grew a little tired of the compressed nature of Diezels in general. The VH4 I had got sold off last year. I really only held on to the herbert more for sentimental reasons I guess. :lol: With the Axe allowing me to get a pretty good sounding Diezel tone but with less compression, I was pretty much done playing the Herbert - so what was the point of hanging onto a $3,000 amp I didn't use.

• Members

how easy is the axe to get up and running with a great tone without spending hours fiddling with it? that was my reservation about getting one, the amount of time it consumes to get a great tone. I just like to plug and play with as little work as possible.

• Members

how easy is the axe to get up and running with a great tone without spending hours fiddling with it? that was my reservation about getting one, the amount of time it consumes to get a great tone. I just like to plug and play with as little work as possible.

I have zero patience for tweaking rack gear honestly. I never even made my own patches on Rocktron Xpression (2), G Force, G Major (2) that I had because I would get too frustrated with it.

With the Axe it really is super easy to get a great tone. You don't have to bother with all the advanced parameters if you don't want to. I don't. You just set it up so the controls look like an amps controls. The only thing you really have to do is use the Parametric EQ and a Graphic EQ on every patch - at least I do - to get it to sound more natural - like a tube amp. I also think it really sounds better through a tube power amp rather than SS.

There's some YT videos that people demo making a patch. You can see for yourself how easy it is. I bought a cheap lap top to use. It's even easier to manage with the laptop, but most of the time I still do it manually because I don't feel like waiting for the computer to boot up.

• Members

I have zero patience for tweaking rack gear honestly. I never even made my own patches on Rocktron Xpression (2), G Force, G Major (2) that I had because I would get too frustrated with it.

With the Axe it really is super easy to get a great tone. You don't have to bother with all the advanced parameters if you don't want to. I don't. You just set it up so the controls look like an amps controls. The only thing you really have to do is use the Parametric EQ and a Graphic EQ on every patch - at least I do - to get it to sound more natural - like a tube amp. I also think it really sounds better through a tube power amp rather than SS.

There's some YT videos that people demo making a patch. You can see for yourself how easy it is. I bought a cheap lap top to use. It's even easier to manage with the laptop, but most of the time I still do it manually because I don't feel like waiting for the computer to boot up.

Hey Matt, how does it interface with the laptop/interwebz?

USB? Eithernet? Wifi?

• Members

I was pretty much done playing the Herbert - so what was the point of hanging onto a $3,000 amp I didn't use.

I see the logic because the same thing happened to me. That Fireball you and I owned along with a Vetta II head and a RM 50 with a gazillion modded modules just sat around and gathered dust with the Axe around. I would plug into the 3 amps once in a while but they just didn't sound as good as the patches that I set up with the Axe-FX. People who don't own one seem to have a hard time with that but it is what is is.....:thu::lol:

Archived