Lets find the SUPER AMPS

ourdarkestdays

• Members

When I say say "super amps" I mean the amps that pretty much do it all. Everything from clean to overdrive to heavy overdrive to extreme face melting ear blasting distortion. Examples of super amps would be the Mesa Dual Rec Road King, the Hughes and Kettner Triamp, the EVH 5150 III, DAR Forza Quattro etc.

And the only Marshall that would really count would be the JVM-410.

So lets see who can find the coollest and most versatile amp/

• Members

My Titan was incredibly versatile for being just a 2 channel amp. It not only did so many different tones but it actually did them all really well. Some of the VHT stuff is really versatile too (sig x).

One amp that I was also impressed by in terms of versatility was a custom Baron because it had a pot that adjusted the tightness of the poweramp, and a contour knob for the preamp. You could get a lot of different crunch and clean tones from messing with those knobs.

• Members

To me, the Road King II seems like the total bees knees as far as tweakability and features, but there are just a few things about the sound I think could be better. If I became rich suddenly and got myself an RK, I'd probably send it to FJA or some place for tweaks and such.

• Members

i remember seeing like a 5 or 6 channel german amp on here once. that thing looked like a beast

There's a Fortin Meathead that's 6 channels, but that's Canadian.

The DAR Forza is 4 channels, but over 4 grand.

I say Peters Chimera or Hydra, depending on what you're after. Boutique hand-wired with top notch components and unmatched customer service. Not to mention, they sound like the second coming of christ. I'm not even religious, but if you heard it, you would agree.

No, I will never stop pimping James's amps.

• Members

There's a Fortin Meathead that's 6 channels, but that's Canadian.

The DAR Forza is 4 channels, but over 4 grand.

I say Peters Chimera or Hydra, depending on what you're after. Boutique hand-wired with top notch components and unmatched customer service. Not to mention, they sound like the second coming of christ. I'm not even religious, but if you heard it, you would agree.

Shut up already. :poke:

• Members

This!

But my poison is the Gryphon. :thu:

• Members

This.

Archived