WOT: Just got a nook..

Hapless

• Members
I'm getting one soon, but can't decide between nook and Kindle.
:o

Get the Nook...the touchscreen FTMFW.

Also, real books are NOT cheaper. New releases still in hardcover are usually between $9.99-$12.99 in e-book form, and you would easily pay over $20 for the physical book itself. Like I mentioned in another thread, I got The Passage for $9.99.

Also, OP, most of the classics are either free or very cheap. Edgar Allan Poe can be had for next to nothing. Plus the Nook comes standard with Dracula on it.

• Members

Also, real books are NOT cheaper. New releases still in hardcover are usually between $9.99-$12.99 in e-book form, and you would easily pay over $20 for the physical book itself. Like I mentioned in another thread, I got The Passage for $9.99.

Also, OP, most of the classics are either free or very cheap. Edgar Allan Poe can be had for next to nothing. Plus the Nook comes standard with Dracula on it.

You can also lend books to other people with a nook, borrow ebooks from the library with the nook, read ebooks in several formats, etc., none of which the Kindle can do....yet.

• Members

the 2 books i looked up on amazon, since i have an android phone and the kindle app is free, were 10 bucks each.

got em both on ebay for less. WITH shipping. brand new.

• Members
the 2 books i looked up on amazon, since i have an android phone and the kindle app is free, were 10 bucks each.

got em both on ebay for less. WITH shipping. brand new.

Well, it's all preference, I suppose. If you go the ebay route, then fine...but to me, it's worth an extra 3 or 4 bucks to start reading what I want to in about a minute, instead of waiting several days for it to be shipped to me. :idk:

• Members
Well, it's all preference, I suppose. If you go the ebay route, then fine...but to me, it's worth an extra 3 or 4 bucks to start reading what I want to in about a minute, instead of waiting several days for it to be shipped to me.
:idk:

i like papers. and ink.

that way i can, you know, detach from the chains of the digital world for a few hours.

thats what books are for, detaching from the world. but putting your books in something that can reach the news and internet is kind of the anti-thesis of reading a book.

plus saving 5 bucks a book adds up to a nice little stack of cash.

Archived