What single-channel amp can do this?

Shenaniganizer

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I KNEW I was {censored}ing myself by posting this thread.

Of course, it's HCAF :lol:.

You know what worked for me? Driving out to a few stores with my guitfiddle, and trying some amps out.

I was absolutely CERTAIN I'd be getting a JVM or a triple-recto, or a 6505, but none of those really did it for me. I plugged into the VM on a whim, and totally against the advice of the store guy ("that amp sucks, you won't like it").

Bam.

Sold.

Sometimes you just "know" immediately.

• Members
Of course, it's HCAF
:lol:

You know what worked for me? Driving out to a few stores with my guitfiddle, and trying some amps out.

I was absolutely CERTAIN I'd be getting a JVM or a triple-recto, or a 6505, but none of those really did it for me. I plugged into the VM on a whim, and totally against the advice of the store guy ("that amp sucks, you won't like it").

Bam.

Sold.

Sometimes you just "know" immediately.

Yup, it's something that just distorts exactly the way you want and has nice options incase you'd like to change it slightly or drastically later on. I'd also take the cab so the amp is the only variable. Speakers and cab are a major part of the overall sound so it's just as important as the guitar.

• Members

The closest store that would have some decent amps would be Guitar Center in El Paso.

And the only decent amp they have is the 6505. They used to have the JVM.. :idk:

I think they may have a Recto, but, I hated it when I tried it. 6505 sounded sick, but, I wanted a bit more versatility.

So.. I don't really have a choice but to just pull the trigger on something.

And, really, the Deliverance seems to be more up my ass.

I mean alley.

• Members

I'll hopefully be picking up a seven soon.. :rock:

Just gotta fix up the Triumph for a temporary jammer, maybe do the tone-stack mod that I just heard of but can't remember the purpose of, then sell it for funds.

Probably get rid of my cab, too.. :idk:

OH, THE GLORIOUS WORLD OF BEING A GUITAR PLAYER!

Archived