What single-channel amp can do this?

Shenaniganizer

• Members

Wait, I thought Deliverances were single channel amps? What do you mean 'click over'? :poke:

And I'm a little worried that JMPs won't have enough gain.. perhaps I could get one and mod it a bit? Or have it modded?

it has a less gain and more gain switch. Sort of like having a high and low output jack. But switchable.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

only a blackstar can sound as bad as a blackstar ick.

Single channel amps?

Fryette Deliverance has more gain then most people ever need. The 120 is a beast.

Soldano Avenger 100 with a depth knob.

handwired caa od100+

Hell for a budget option the Laney gh100L will dick whip that blackstar.

That's not even mentioning even more obscure stuff like the fuchs mantis, Freidman customs, PWE, Fortin Meathead.

Like your question would make more sense if you were like what single channel amp can do a Pitbull Ultralead or a Diezel Herbert. Then the answer would be umm..none.

also again...D120 is a monster single channel. Probably the best affordable single channel high gain amp made right now.

• Members

Hmm.. found a Deliverance 120 on eBay for about $1400, plus $60 shipping. Is that a good deal, or are they usually had for cheaper?

Where can I find a Trainwreck clone? Would it be possible to maybe build one?

I'm guessing the majority of the suggestions made aren't cheap, at all.

A few people mentioned Marshalls; which ones, specifically? JMPs and JCM 800s, I bet? I'm still considering building a JMP or JCM 800 clone and modding the circuit slightly for higher gain when pushed.. without a pedal, of course, 'cause that's just how I roll. :)

• Members

Hmm.. found a Deliverance 120 on eBay for about $1400, plus $60 shipping. Is that a good deal, or are they usually had for cheaper?

A few people mentioned Marshalls; which ones, specifically? JMPs and JCM 800s, I bet? I'm still considering building a JMP or JCM 800 clone and modding the circuit slightly for higher gain when pushed.. without a pedal, of course, 'cause that's just how I roll.
:)

The Deliverance has two controllable gain stages that basically give a huge amount of range over the distortion sounds you're wanting...there is a "less/more" switch and two knobs to control the gain.

It's like having one knob that will get you half way there, then all the way there, then you flip a switch and you go way {censored}ing past there and beyond.

I sold my Deliverance 60W for 950 shipped. I bought it brand new. If you look for one, you can find it...especially since the economy shat itself.

• Members

{censored}ING FORGOT ABOUT THE SL-X!

Can it be dialed to be a bit darker, though? Like in that video? Seems like a very bright amp..

What's the usual rate on those, btw? Definitely gonna look into them more.

I don't think the AC30 would have enough gain for me.

Still looking into the JMP/800 thing, with mods, as no one's really addressed its level of gain, and whether or not it'll be enough for me. Avengers and Deliverance 120s go for about the same used, right? Or do Avengers go for more?

What do you mean by Champ, Hammer?

And what amps, Edge?

How much does a used Promod go for?

• Members

I have never played one but the clips of them are :love: When I was looking to get an amp before I snagged the last Marshall DSL I had...I was looking for an SL-X, but to my dismay could not locate one for the life of me. Granted after I snagged up a DSL they start showing up. I could be wrong but I think they were going for around $850 but now with the market the way it is, they might be had for less I honestly don't know what they are going for now :idk:

EDIT: There are two on the bay right now, one could be bought for $750 with BIN, or starting bid of $650 and another that is going for $975 or best offer with a 1960A cabinet.

As far as darkening it up, I imagine that it could be done...I don't see why not. Using the right speakers would help too. There are two amps I want to own before I die...The SL-X and a Peters Gryphon.

Cole

• Members

A guy I know used to use an Executone pb-325 tube amp head which I thick was an old PA amp , the amp had just one volume knob and he used pedals in front of it and holy sh!t that amp was so versatile and sounded really good, it didn't sound like he was using pedals at all. I know he was using a peavey classic 30 before that and it sucked when he used it with pedals and it wasn't very versatile on its own, the executone sounded much better you would swear the sound was coming out of a real Marshall or Fender sometimes.

• Members

{censored}ING FORGOT ABOUT THE SL-X!

Can it be dialed to be a bit darker, though? Like in that video? Seems like a very bright amp..

What's the usual rate on those, btw? Definitely gonna look into them more.

I don't think the AC30 would have enough gain for me.

Still looking into the JMP/800 thing, with mods, as no one's really addressed its level of gain, and whether or not it'll be enough for me. Avengers and Deliverance 120s go for about the same used, right? Or do Avengers go for more?

What do you mean by Champ, Hammer?

And what amps, Edge?

How much does a used Promod go for?

well, two of those slx vids posted were mine..lol

xtc, mark III, jcm800 ....too long of a list to post.

• Members

A few people mentioned Marshalls; which ones, specifically? JMPs and JCM 800s, I bet? I'm still considering building a JMP or JCM 800 clone and modding the circuit slightly for higher gain when pushed.. without a pedal, of course, 'cause that's just how I roll.
:)

I got a D120 for $950 so keep looking. I'd still have it but I need a dedicated clean channel for some stuff. Great amp though!

Archived