OT: Any good weight loss stories around here? (need some motivation)

Bee_Gee

• Members

Any soda type drinks are bad for you. But I would sooner drink full sugar coke than diet. Aspartame is a dangerous additive!

Your body can actually process sugar. Although the more complex the sugar, the harder it is to break it down and the more fattening it is, Aspartame doesn't get processed; it lies in your stomach and rots!

If you want a drink, keep plenty natural OJ around. Much better for you than coke or any of that {censored}! Or get some cordial fruit juice.

They'll only take my pepsi one from my cold dead hands !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely have to have soda with meals ... water with a meal does less than nothing for me.

Splenda > aspartame

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-side-effects.html

have a read...this aspatame is some seriously evil {censored}

try finding one pack of chewing gum in a regular grocery store that doesnt have the {censored}....its even in BOLD LETTERS on the packaging mentioning that {censored} is in there

I don't drink soda but one day on a flight I decided I would grab a sprite and it blew my mind how much sugar was in the taste!!! it had been so long

Please.:facepalm:

The products of aspartame are excreted from your body faster than they are formed, and the amount of aspartame found in soft drinks is so small that it's virtually impossible to actually be harmed by it. Don't buy in to this bull{censored}.

• Members

I did another "no-no" on this forum as well - I went 2 days without eating - just so I could basically reset my digestive system and get everything out, and actually FEEL empty and in a sense relearn what it is to actually be hungry and not just a false-positive...I was doing the horrible-wrong before of maintaining a full-feeling...part of that was the caffeine in soda, part of that was overeating and snacking.

Woke up this morning feeling a bit empty, so I had a fried egg sammich. Had a cup of coffee at 10:00, and it's approaching lunch time and I'm not hungry.

I still find it funny that the people on this forum think I'm starvin

My point is, I eat when I'm hungry. That's not wrong in my book. My metabolism hasn't fallen out from under me, and I'm losing weight as long as I stay away from pop and chili cheese dogs. Progress, is progress.

You don't get that hungry if your metabolism is barely working.

And also, if you wanna reset your body to knowing what is "full or not" drink more water. A gallon a day. More if you drink any caffeine. Being dehydrated, even partially can make you feel false hunger. Also, drinking more water makes your digestive system work 1000000000x better.

• Members
Please.
:facepalm:

The products of aspartame are excreted from your body faster than they are formed, and the amount of aspartame found in soft drinks is so small that it's virtually impossible to actually be harmed by it. Don't buy in to this bull{censored}.

if it is so small why is it even in the product? :facepalm:

why would there be warnings on packaging?

always some clueless dude chiming in :rolleyes:

• Members
if it is so small why is it even in the product?
:facepalm:

why would there be warnings on packaging?

always some clueless dude chiming in
:rolleyes:

They say artificial sweeteners are _ _ _ x sweeter than sugar. That's why it's in such small amounts. And there are warnings because it could have a POTENTIAL link to cancer.

• Members

3. HEAVY exercise 4-6 times a week

4. Light exercise 6 days a week (walks, hikes, bike etc..)

Diet has been beat to death here.. Rule of thumb is if you do everything else on the list I posted, you can afford about 1800 calories a day. If you can lower that, its even better -

-D

How small are you? My *maintenance* rate is higher than 1,800 calories (it's around 2,200) If I did all that without adding calories, I'd be shedding pounds a week!!!

EDIT'd :-)

• Members

How small are you? My basic metabolic rate is higher than 1,800 calories (it's around 2,200) If I did all that without adding calories, I'd be shedding pounds a week!!!

Jesus. You guys do realize you need to multiply your BMR to figure out maintinence calories?

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2

If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375

If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55

If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725

If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

Personally, my BMR is 1960. I am between moderately active and very active. So i multiplied by 1.6. That puts me over 3000 calories. However, i've found that the more food i eat, the more my metabolism picks up. I need to eat close to 3,500 calories before my body starts gaining weight. Excluded from this statement is alcohol calories....that makes me gain weight very easily.

• Members

Jesus. You guys do realize you need to multiply your BMR to figure out maintinence calories?

If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375

If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55

If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725

If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

Personally, my BMR is 1960. I am between moderately active and very active. So i multiplied by 1.6. That puts me over 3000 calories. However, i've found that the more food i eat, the more my metabolism picks up. I need to eat close to 3,500 calories before my body starts gaining weight. Excluded from this statement is alcohol calories....that makes me gain weight very easily.

This. Losing weight is easy, gaining weight is too, losing healthy weight and gaining muscle...{censored}ing DIFFICULT!

-Curtis

• Members

This. Losing weight is easy, gaining weight is too, losing healthy weight and gaining muscle...{censored}ing DIFFICULT!

-Curtis

Pretty much impossible. You can only gain weight when your calories are above your maintinence. and you can only lose weight when your calories are below. Sometimes when we eat around maintinence we might end up gaining a pound or so of muscle while losing 2 pounds of fat over a couple of weeks. It totally depends on your diet. Hell, you don't even need to do anything more than walk around a little bit to lose weight. It's all in the diet folks.

• Members

Were you agreeing with me? I found it hard to tell... :-)

The guy was basically saying do all that on 1,800 calories a week...I did have a typo in my post though, my maintenance level is 2,200 calories not my BMR...oopsie!

• Members

Were you agreeing with me? I found it hard to tell... :-)

The guy was basically saying do all that on 1,800 calories a week...I did have a typo in my post though, my maintenance level is 2,200 calories not my BMR...oopsie!

Not agreeing or disagreeing. just kinda shocked at only being able to afford 1800 calories.

And how is your maintenance level only at 2,200 calories?!

Are you not active at all? Short? Light as hell? Female? Old as hell?

All of the above?

• Members

I went from 145 to 120 during the past year. It was inadvertent, I noticed my pants no longer fit and so I got on a scale and I'd lost 20 lbs!

Looking back, it happened after quitting my job, so I was less sedentary, and I wasn't tempted to buy fast food at lunch. I was sleeping till noon every day - sleeping more helps you lose weight because you aren't awake as much. I ended up cutting out beer and smoking weed instead, that also helped I think.

WHo knows I could be completely off base, maybe I'm sick and that's why I've lost weight :idk:

Anyway it was nice going to the beach this summer and not have to suck in my gut, since this was the first summer in like 15 years that I didn't have a gut.

• Members

Not agreeing or disagreeing. just kinda shocked at only being able to afford 1800 calories.

And how is your maintenance level only at 2,200 calories?!

Are you not active at all? Short? Light as hell? Female? Old as hell?

All of the above?

Yes, 1,800 calories is insane...unless he's female or extremely short.

I'm possibly light, possibly old but definately male :-)

I set my maintenance level at my basic daily activity (desk job) and then add what exercise I do on top...since i don't necessarily get a regular exercise schedule...

Since I started tracking exercise/food on a daily basis (to get down from 195 to 180lbs about 2 years ago), my weight hasn't varied by more than 1 or 2lbs....so it's pretty accurate.

• Members

Yes, 1,800 calories is insane...unless he's female and extremely short.

I'm possibly light, possibly old but definately male :-)

I set my maintenance level at my basic daily activity (desk job) and then add what exercise I do on top...since i don't necessarily get a regular exercise schedule...

Since I started tracking exercise/food on a daily basis (to get down from 195 to 180lbs about 2 years ago), my weight hasn't varied by more than 1 or 2lbs....so it's pretty accurate.

Ahh, yeah. makes sense. Desk job is definitely killer. Do you drink coffee at all? Although it may seem stupid, keeping caffeine in your system can burn around 100 more calories in a day just from it speeding up your heart rate. Of course, it doesn't do that if you don't stay super hydrated all day though.

• Members

Ahh, yeah. makes sense. Desk job is definitely killer. Do you drink coffee at all? Although it may seem stupid, keeping caffeine in your system can burn around 100 more calories in a day just from it speeding up your heart rate. Of course, it doesn't do that if you don't stay super hydrated all day though.

I usually do a couple of cups a day and probably 32oz of water over the same period at work.

Before i really started watching what I ate I used to have the opposite problem to this thread....couldn't keep weight on...that got easier as I got older (almost 41) but never realized I was not eating enough for most of my life..LOL

I'm seemingly a hard gainer...find it terribly difficult to keep any semblance of muscle on my body and weight melts of me in no time if I'm working out a lot and not paying attention to adding calories....

• Members
I usually do a couple of cups a day and probably 32oz of water over the same period at work.

Before i really started watching what I ate I used to have the opposite problem to this thread....couldn't keep weight on...that got easier as I got older (almost 41) but never realized I was not eating enough for most of my life..LOL

I'm seemingly a hard gainer...find it terribly difficult to keep any semblance of muscle on my body and weight melts of me in no time if I'm working out a lot and not paying attention to adding calories....

Hard gainers don't exist. you're just not eating enough :cop:

32 oz of water is nothing. We're talking like, a gallon a day. If your piss isn't close to being clear, you're not drinking enough water.

• Members

i don't post on here much these days so :wave:

3 years ago i was in about the worst shape of my life...60 lbs overweight, felt like crap, couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without sucking wind, and i had constant aches/pains that seemed to come from nowhere

i wandered into a local gym, and they pretty much twisted my arm into doing a few trial sessions with a personal trainer...honestly i hated it at first, the diet had me cutting out all the crap i'd been living off of, and the workouts meant getting my lazy ass outta bed and actually doing something

the results made it worth the effort and then some though, initially i lost about 40 lbs in 10 weeks...in the process i realized i could be stronger and more capable than i'd ever thought, and decided to take my fitness level a little beyond just losing a few pounds

today i work as a personal trainer, i've got champion body builders & power lifters on staff where i work that help push me when i need it, and decided to pursue my childhood dream of getting into martial arts...and now training for my first amateur mma fight here in a few months

if anyone wants advice or anything, i'm not on here much but get me on facebook sometime http://www.facebook.com/mikebaehser

• Members
i don't post on here much these days so
:wave:

3 years ago i was in about the worst shape of my life...60 lbs overweight, felt like crap, couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without sucking wind, and i had constant aches/pains that seemed to come from nowhere

i wandered into a local gym, and they pretty much twisted my arm into doing a few trial sessions with a personal trainer...honestly i hated it at first, the diet had me cutting out all the crap i'd been living off of, and the workouts meant getting my lazy ass outta bed and actually doing something

the results made it worth the effort and then some though, initially i lost about 40 lbs in 10 weeks...in the process i realized i could be stronger and more capable than i'd ever thought, and decided to take my fitness level a little beyond just losing a few pounds

today i work as a personal trainer, i've got champion body builders & power lifters on staff where i work that help push me when i need it, and decided to pursue my childhood dream of getting into martial arts...and now training for my first amateur mma fight here in a few months

if anyone wants advice or anything, i'm not on here much but get me on facebook sometime
http://www.facebook.com/mikebaehser

Mikey! Don't see you about much these days, whatcha rocking on now? m/

• Members

They say artificial sweeteners are _ _ _ x sweeter than sugar. That's why it's in such small amounts. And there are warnings because it could have a POTENTIAL link to cancer.

Breathing has a potential link to cancer...not to mention some people are just {censored}ing unlucky when it comes to cancer.

• Members
Hard gainers don't exist. you're just not eating enough
:cop:

32 oz of water is nothing. We're talking like, a gallon a day. If your piss isn't close to being clear, you're not drinking enough water.

That idea has actaully been found to be wrong.

http://www.drbenkim.com/drink-too-much-water-dangerous.html

This was just a link out of a google search, no need to call air support over it.

• Members
That idea has actaully been found to be wrong.

http://www.drbenkim.com/drink-too-much-water-dangerous.html

This was just a link out of a google search, no need to call air support over it.

yeah, it. it repeats the story about a lady dying from drinking 2 gallons of water and then holding her pee.

As a second though, i once drank almost 2 gallons of beer and i'm still here :cop:
oh the wonders freshman year did for me...:lol:

• Members

i lost 30lbs from the begining of the year until about june-ish.
210 to 180. this is the size i'm supposed to be.
I just started watching what i ate, cooking EVERYTHING i ate myself.
stopped eating packaged foods.
no drinking, smoked a ton of weed, went on long jogs and bike rides everyday after 8-10 hours of work as a professional line cook, which is like 8-10 hours a day of cardio.
diet and excersize really is all it takes.
learn how to cook too.

• Members
yeah, it. it repeats the story about a lady dying from drinking 2 gallons of water and then holding her pee.

As a second though, i once drank almost 2 gallons of beer and i'm still here
:cop:
oh the wonders freshman year did for me...
:lol:

I know, that's why I said it's just a googled link - the idea is there (and in a number of other google links unrelated to the lady that died), and there is a sound basis for why you shouldn't pound water until you piss clear

• Members
I know, that's why I said it's just a googled link - the idea is there (and in a number of other google links unrelated to the lady that died), and there is a sound basis for why you shouldn't pound water until you piss clear

I know you said you just googled it. Which is why i didn't make a big deal out of it.
But yeah, keep your piss clear. The article actually clearly states that,
"Some people suggest observing the color of your urine as a way of looking out for dehydration. The idea is that clear urine indicates that you are well hydrated, while yellow urine indicates that you need more water in your system."

Just sayin. :cop:

Archived