Would you pay $6K for a tube amp

teemuk

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL!

DO {censored} off though, as Robert has skills.

I had this very amp for a few months, and it sounded like no other. {censored}ing amazing.

It loved pedals. Fuzz, OD...it was killer!!

Nothing like spending all my money on an amp to simply amplify the tone of $300 worth of mass produced guitar stomp boxes.

Okay, maybe you buy boutique pedals... but still.

• Members

Why'd you get rid of it?

Had a noise problem. Bob replaced the board, and it didn't feel the same afterwards. Didn't have the same compression when I hit the low E (Eb) Maybe not broken in? Donno.

When it worked though, it was {censored}ing amazing.

I'll tell the rest of the story later. Wifey want's something....

• Members

Had a noise problem. Bob replaced the board, and it didn't feel the same afterwards. Didn't have the same compression when I hit the low E (Eb) Maybe not broken in? Donno.

When it worked though
, it was {censored}ing amazing.

I'll tell the rest of the story later. Wifey want's something....

sounds sweet, should i just give you my bank acct info now or would he take a blank check? i love stupid expensive gear that may or may not start up, that is perfect.

• Members

meanwhile ... in a jam room somewhere ..a guy's nailing SRV toan with a mexican startocaster, a digitech bad monkey, and an old Peavey Classic .....

and simultaneously across town on the better side of the tracks an atty who barely plays is flipping a 5k amp for a 6k one in hope it sounds more chewey or chimey or some bull{censored} excuse for not having chops.

• Members

meanwhile ... in a jam room somewhere ..a guy's nailing SRV toan with a mexican startocaster, a digitech bad monkey, and an old Peavey Classic .....

HOLY {censored} REPLACE JAM ROOM WITH MY BASEMENT AND THIS WAS ME YESTERDAY.

no joke.

PV c50 plugged into a 6x12. Bad monkey boost. hahahaha.

• Members

almost any strat on the neck pick up, any OD pedal into just about any semi cleanish amp = SRV tone.

I just dont get the fascination with that sound.

Does said amp come with a flowery shirt?

Sure, it'll get you close, but after this, close seems so far away...the amp was like crack.

• Members

It's the feel of the amp. Thats where you spend the money. The way it compressed sounded and felt so killer.
Like a vintage Marshall .
It didn't sound "pointy" ya know?

I had a Alt Country buddy over, and he played through it, and it {censored}ed him up. I could see it in his face.

Sure, it'll get you close, but after this, close seems so far away...the amp was like crack.

You do realize that a vintage marshall costs less than this pixie dust you're trying to sell.

• Members

sounds sweet, should i just give you my bank acct info now or would he take a blank check? i love stupid expensive gear that may or may not start up, that is perfect.

Yeah, that was a problem.

I swear, the {censored}ing amp sounded great when I had it!! It did!

Archived