Young's Double Chocolate Stout.

Hapless

• Members

I've tried lots of different stouts. They all have their own thing going on, some more heavy, some more sweet, etc,....but for me when I want the perfect balance body and flavor only a Guiness is good enough.

Yes -- I have a secret desire to do commercials reads.

• Members

the only time I ever had chocolate stout it was awful. maybe because it wasn't double chocolate. but i think the main problem was it tasted like chalk.

Then you, sir, are drinking the wrong chocolate stouts! :cop:

Most of what's been suggested so far is pretty much par for the course quality. The Rogue is killer and Stone is just...Stone just rules! I would also suggest the Black Xantus Imperial Stout. It was too much for me to drink on my own, and it is definitely a colder than cellar temp brew...too much chocolate a la melted chocolate ice cream but it's a real treat between two people and a cigar!

-Curtis

• Members

Then you, sir, are drinking the wrong chocolate stouts!
:cop:

Most of what's been suggested so far is pretty much par for the course quality. The Rogue is killer and Stone is just...Stone just rules! I would also suggest the Black Xantus Imperial Stout. It was too much for me to drink on my own, and it is definitely a colder than cellar temp brew...too much chocolate a la melted chocolate ice cream but it's a real treat between two people and a cigar!

-Curtis

Curtis, you ever had any brews from Half Pints? I think they're based out of Manitoba but my mom was in Lethbridge a while back and brought me back a few stouts/porters from Half Pints... impressive stuff.

• Members

{censored} is weak. Drink some real stouts

+1000000000000

Youngs and Guiness are complete watered down {censored}. And that's being generous.

If you want a good chocolate stout, try some Great Divide Chocolate Yeti, Brooklyn Brewing Black Chocolate stout or Rouge Double Chocolate stout.

• Members

there are much better choices but thats a good one to get your feet wet with. guiness is simply the rest of the word's version of bud light. old rasputin. brooklyn's chocolate stout, and my favorite being cigar city's marshal zuchov are much better tasting and have a higher ABV

Archived