Splawn cabs??

Indiana Tones

• Members

I have had many Splawn cabs over the years...they are among my favorite cabs.
I've had mesa and marshall and I much prefer the Splawn cabs. The one I have now is v30/k100 loaded and sounds like a beast in the studio :)

Projection is pretty big and wide and the low end is nice and huge and tight......overall great cab for the money.

Splawn might actually be my fave cab....having said that, I've never tried a Mills.

• Members

I have dimebag's old vert. 2x12, I love it, good bottom end, pretty clear, I can honestly not remember what speakers I have, I believe they're celestions though, it's an older cab from before he switched over to eminence

Brick, I love your avatar photo! Bwahahaha!

I'm the guy that bought that Trem-o-verb from Mosh. Yes, the famous one in which his auction said, "Mint, Original Owner Trem-o-Verb".

And then when he was proven to be at least the 2nd owner, his claim was... "I never said I was the original owner, I was just saying that the amp had an original owner at one point in time..."

Hahahaha! Thanks for bringing back all the good memories!!!

• Members
I have had many Splawn cabs over the years...they are among my favorite cabs.

I've had mesa and marshall and I much prefer the Splawn cabs. The one I have now is v30/k100 loaded and sounds like a beast in the studio
:)

Projection is pretty big and wide and the low end is nice and huge and tight......overall great cab for the money.

Splawn might actually be my fave cab....having said that, I've never tried a Mills.

I also like gay sex with asian boys:eek:

Thats exactly what i was gonna post except for the last part.

I love splawn cabs and actually traded my mesa stilletto cab to get it and i couldnt be happier.

• Members

Thanks guys, I've found a couple that I'm going to look at this weekend. They're used.....not sure how old, or what speakers they're loaded with. Just wanted to make sure they were worth the drive to check them out.

Zombieland.......Reggie F'n Wayne!! Colts fan for life....Muncie, IN by way of Monticello, KY.

xcml5....don't know if I can trust your advice seeing as you're a Pats fan.....

• Members

Nver sexed an Asian boy, but I was in Pensacola last year for my birthday when the Colts played the Dolphins.....went to watch the game at a local bar wearing my 88 Marvin jersey = mistake. I had to finish the game in my motel room.......................Colts won. But I always root for the the Dolphins when they play the Pats.

• Members
I like both.

Mesa - stock V30s

Splawn - Greenbacks... Originally loaded with Governor X Man-O-War.

Mesa_Splawn.jpg

Are the Splawn cabs the same dimension as an overside Recto cab? If thats a Recto cab, they look close to the same........I kinda figured they would be the same dimensions as a standard 1960's Marshall:idk::idk:

• Members

Nver sexed an Asian boy, but I was in Pensacola last year for my birthday when the Colts played the Dolphins.....went to watch the game at a local bar wearing my 88 Marvin jersey = mistake. I had to finish the game in my motel room.......................Colts won. But I always root for the the Dolphins when they play the Pats.

Im bummed about dallas clark being out for the season.

I went to the colts skins game last week and i went to see them in the superbowl against the saints. I wore my reggie wayne jersey last week at the skins game.

• Members

they're extremely hard to beat for the money. They have a nice blend of bottom end, smooth high end and rich midrange. The bottom end is nice and clean but very authoritative.

I haven't found any speakers that sound bad in it. I'd say for the $$, only a whitebox will give you the same quality of sound and construction.

• Members

they're extremely hard to beat for the money. They have a nice blend of bottom end, smooth high end and rich midrange. The bottom end is nice and clean but very authoritative.

I haven't found any speakers that sound bad in it. I'd say for the $$, only a whitebox will give you the same quality of sound and construction.

I agree! I got the Whitebox 1x12 and it sounded so good and has better clarity than my Marshall jcm800 4x12 cab that I just sold it.

• Members
Are the Splawn cabs the same dimension as an overside Recto cab? If thats a Recto cab, they look close to the same........I kinda figured they would be the same dimensions as a standard 1960's Marshall:idk:
:idk:

W X H X D
Spalwn
29.5 X 29.5 x 13.75

Mesa
29.5 X 29 x 13.75

• Members

W X H X D

Spalwn

29.5 X 29.5 x 13.75

Mesa

29.5 X 29 x 13.75

Actually,

Mesa Recto 4x12:

32-7/8in H

30-1/8in W

14-1/4in D

Mesa Traditional 4x12:

30-1/4in H

29-7/8in W

14-1/4in D

Indiana Tones was asking if yours is a Recto cab in the picture. It's not; it's a Traditional.

A Recto is about 3 inches taller than a Traditional.

References:

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Guitar%20Cabinets/RECTOcabs/Recto4x12SDsl-LG.htm

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Guitar%20Cabinets/StilettoCabs/Stiletto4x12TRsl-LG.htm

Archived