First Rectifier "model" I've liked...

MattACaster

• Members

It sounds pretty good. Have you tried amplitube 3? I use the recto models in there, and they sound pretty sick with some boosts up front.

I haven't. I've been looking into stuff like Amplitube and Guitar Rig, though, for something I can do quick demos with. Haven't decided what way to go yet, however.

• Members

Ive used guitar rig 1-3, and now Ive got amplitube 3, and I like amplitube MASSIVELY better than any guitar rig. The interface is VERY easy, and the tones are {censored}ing stellar!!! To the point where my amplitube rig sounds better than my real guitar rig lol.

• Members

Ive used guitar rig 1-3, and now Ive got amplitube 3, and I like amplitube MASSIVELY better than any guitar rig. The interface is VERY easy, and the tones are {censored}ing stellar!!! To the point where my amplitube rig sounds better than my real guitar rig lol.

Nice! I'll check that out!

• Members

Nice! I'll check that out!

Im not sure what kinda tones you are going for, but I can play with it tonight and see if I can find something you might like. A lot of my more recent netmusicians clips that have no amp listed have been through a patch in amplitube that has both rectifiers with a different cab each and a ts boost into an sd-1 boost, then into the amp. It sounds SOOOOO sweet, and perfect for my style. My Master of Puppets drumjam take was done using this...

http://netmusicians.org/?section=id&value=8236

• Members
Im not sure what kinda tones you are going for, but I can play with it tonight and see if I can find something you might like. A lot of my more recent netmusicians clips that have no amp listed have been through a patch in amplitube that has both rectifiers with a different cab each and a ts boost into an sd-1 boost, then into the amp. It sounds SOOOOO sweet, and perfect for my style. My Master of Puppets drumjam take was done using this...

http://netmusicians.org/?section=id&value=8236

Dude, I'd be totally happy with the tone in the clip you posted. :thu:

If I were dialing it in I would probably put a bit more lows/low mids in there. But I'm sure a little EQing would get me there.

• Members
Dude, I'd be totally happy with the tone in the clip you posted.
:thu:

If I were dialing it in I would probably put a bit more lows/low mids in there. But I'm sure a little EQing would get me there.

For sure. I have a couple other patches that I sometimes run at the same time, but every one seemed to like this more. I now use one of the other ones for lead stuff, cuz it kinda pops out more...the other one is more low mid oriented.

• Members

http://netmusicians.org/?section=id&value=8184

http://netmusicians.org/?section=id&value=8185

These were the first 2 clips I made using the recto models. One should be the same as the MOP drumjam, and the other is the other 2 patches that I run together. I cant remember which is which, though, and they dont play at work. They may not even be the right ones lol, but Im pretty sure they are.

• Members

yeah man.....someone could totally do some wicked sounding studio work with that. Dunno about live tho... do people actually rock up and play through laptops direct to FOH????

I know some one on here was talking about it, and Ive seen a couple local, non metal bands doing it. I dont think I would trust something like that though...plus, not every where has a PA.

• Members

Nice! I've always wanted to build a mic rig like the one that guy from Rammstein was describing: A mic stand robot that has a bunch of stepper motors on it so you can remotely change the position of the mic from the control room. Something like that would be KILLER for getting that perfect mic position without having to kill your hearing in the process. DO WANT!

Archived