SOT: Worst pedal you've ever used?

Zacman0126

• Members

Let's set them apart from the rest. Basically, whats the one pedal that no matter what allocation of knob positions, amp, parallel/series circuit, or crystal lettuce you used had no affect in making it a good sounding pedal.

Whether it be an OD, reverb, or multi. What was hands down your worst experience with a pedal?

Me?: Boss ML-2 Metalcore pedal. It's basically a metal zone but without any sort of mid shaping, so essentially the worst qualities of the metalzone wrapped into one unuseable pedal. No matter what I did it was just piercing awful gainy crap, just highs. Couldnt get any chunk out of it. I imagine it would be good for solos but god damn the thing cant even get a manageable rhythm tone. Blech, never again.

Go!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Holier grail. One of the plastic buttons came loose inside so I had to open it up. Inside I found 75% of the pedal was empty space, making my wonder why the {censored} did they make this so mammoth? And the reverb? It was total {censored}. I'll buy nothing from EH again.

• Members

Holier grail. One of the plastic buttons came loose inside so I had to open it up. Inside I found 75% of the pedal was empty space, making my wonder why the {censored} did they make this so mammoth? And the reverb? It was total {censored}. I'll buy nothing from EH again.

Now that I have managed to get rid of mine, I'll go ahead and {censored} talk it too. I dont know about the space thing, because I opened mine up too and noticed about 75% was utilized.

But yes, {censored}ing thing was a god damned tone vampire. I was wondering for so long why the {censored} my Triple Rec sounded like such a {censored} when I moved it into the basement. It turns out the circuit in that pedal is a piece of asshole and just anhilates the highs on your amp.

I found salvation though, instead of running it through all that modulated garbage, just line in to reverb only out. No tone sucking.

But that makes it moot buying a pedal for all those extra effects when you can only use the basic one without sounding like a {censored}ing bass guitar.

• Members

I'll get flamed, but i dont give a {censored}.

Far from being the worst, but the Suhr Riot is completely overrated IMO. Its a bit harsh in the top end. Yes, it's OK, but I have heard better. I might go and plop it on my board right now actually and test it out just to make sure.

I'd take T Rex stuff mostly. I love my Mudhoney.

• Members
Arion , you gotta have backups for the backups .

I know a guy who owns a guitar store, so he can pretty much play anything he wants. His rig is an Epi LP, an Arion distortion pedal, and an old SS Fender amp. The guitar is set up well, and he gets a reasonably good sound out of his rig, but still. He could at least spring for a DS-1 or something -- he's a dealer, it would probably cost less than his lunch. :freak:

• Members

Boss DD-5. Borrowed it from a freind. Was on my board for one gig.

Only delay pedals I've ever really liked have been analogue ones.

You know what? I'm a Boss fan, but I've never liked the DD-* delays.

Like, I REALLY disliked the sound of the DD-6 and the DD-3

OTOH, the delay in the Boss RV-3 sounds AWESOME.

• Members

Far from being the worst, but the Suhr Riot is completely overrated IMO. Its a bit harsh in the top end. Yes, it's OK, but I have heard better. I might go and plop it on my board right now actually and test it out just to make sure.

Far from the worst, but I did sell mine after a couple months so I agree. :thu:

• Members

After Gary666 and guitarslingers posts I'm going to award 2nd place to the Boss DD-3 imo. I remember owning that thing and using it, then going what the {censored}: cannot get a decent sounding middle ground reverb sound going. The {censored} am I doing wrong? Nothing, it's a DD-3 :o

• Members
After Gary666 and guitarslingers posts I'm going to award 2nd place to the Boss DD-3 imo. I remember owning that thing and using it, then going what the {censored}:
cannot get a decent sounding middle ground reverb sound going. The {censored} am I doing wrong?
Nothing, it's a DD-3
:o

you're using a delay pedal to get reverb sounds.:thu:

• Members
Hey guys who offed the RIOT let me know what to get. I was planning on getting one, you have any other ideas for hi gain?

I haven't owned the Riot, but the Barber Dirty Bomb is in the same vein. They are very underpriced right now. The DB sounds more like a hotrodded medium high gain amp than any other pedal I've heard.

barber_dbomb.jpg

• Members

I'd take T Rex stuff mostly. I love my Mudhoney.

The riot didn't do anything for me either.

The worst pedal I've ever plugged into though by a country mile is the MXR double shot... holy cow wat a turd.

Archived