NAD Laney content

Markymarc1979

• Members

Wow! HNAD! I agree - very good score. I miss the GH50L I borrowed for two weeks recently. However the guitar shop I take lessons from just started carrying Laneys again after 10 years and they just received a shipment yesterday. Enjoy. Oh - curious what power amp tubes are currently in the head?

• Members

Wow! HNAD! I agree - very good score. I miss the GH50L I borrowed for two weeks recently. However the guitar shop I take lessons from just started carrying Laneys again after 10 years and they just received a shipment yesterday. Enjoy. Oh - curious what power amp tubes are currently in the head?

At the moment it has a quad of EH 6L6's in the power and the pre had JJ's. I've just order a quad of Winged C EL34's for it, the 6L6's sound decent but I much prefer 34's. I'm really please with it, great amp espically for the money. I'm going to borrow another 4x12 and the weekend and try it and my 2203 in stereo.

• Members

I love mine too. Great tone. IMO the cab is very crucial with this amp. I was using a Mesa RK 412 and the tone wasn't to great. Now I'm using the Orange 212 and the amp destroys anything that steps on its front. Much more beefier tone, the cab removes some of the highs and adds great bottom end.

Some amps have come and gone but the Laney will stay for ever. (Unless I get the VH100R, sometimes it is nice to have two different channels)

• Members

I had the Iommi version because I gigged with a Sabbath Tribute for awhile. It was a great gigging head. Its really the same as yours but I think yours has the footswitchable gain stage. THe Iommi extra gain is permanently engaged. Awesome amp. Its funny you have the JCM800 there because I used to use the Gh100 loike a JCM 800. I would keep the gain on about 4 and then use a Keeley Modded SD-1 as a clean boost. It sounded great.

Congrats.

Archived