China made AC15 or a 76 Twin reverb???

brett567

• Members

I might soon have that option, which one would you take and why???

My favorite kind of styles is indie rock, jazzy rock, and alt country for any idea of the sound im trying to get. I really would like to have a non china made amp, but what do you guys think? thanks

• Members

In the battle of apples and oranges, the apple comes out as overall winner:

Twin.

Yep. You can make alcohol from apples (cider, apple jack, apple wine etc...)

Oranges just spoil when fermenting. Although you can use oranges in pastries and desserts, it ain't the same as apple pie, apple turnovers etc. Orange pie? I don't think so.

Apple wood is more useful than lumber from an orange tree. For smoking bacon, building things..and the an apple tree is very pretty. An ornamental tree you can climb etc. Orange trees are these thorny bushes.

You can eat the peel on an apple. Just bite into it. No mess.

You have to peel an orange and throw that bitter part away.

Juice everywhere. Harder to get around the seeds etc....

• Members
a '76 Twin?
:lol:

Since when have those been good for anything but make shift boat anchors?

Guessing it has a master volume as well.

Seriously, a '76 Twin is not something I would ever aspire to own. I've passed on more 70's Twins for sub $500 than I can shake a stick at. They're junk.

This one has a push pull distortion I believe

• Members
Oh God, run don't walk away from it. Linear transformers and the worst cleans from a Fender tube amp ive ever heard
:freak:

They're not even a good candidate to "blackface".

I am going to have to completely disagree with this. I had a '78 Twin with the linear transformers and it was a great sounding Twin. The linear transformers are actually a very efficient design and supposedly makes for a more reliable amp. These Twins are point to point wired as well. I have had a silverface and a new Twin.... to me they are very close in sound except maybe the silverface being slightly warmer.

Archived