So is anyone gonna jump on the Lopoline Black Friday sale?

icecap

• Members

Do they sound different than an Avatar 2x12?
I don't have the modern deep avatar I have the 12" deep one from 2002.

It would be nice to finally have a purple cab that matches my astroverb...

What is awesome about Lopoline besides build quality? I know absolutely nothing about them- not a thing (except I looked at their website and see that Steve Stevens like 'em).

• Members

Is Friday the last day to order? (money issues!)

from the email

Due to popular request we decided to extend our sale beyond Friday only to accomodate those that may miss the opportunity of a one day sale. Therefore our sale will begin at 12 a.m. November 26th and end at 11:59 p.m. Sunday, November 28th.

• Members

from the email

Due to popular request we decided to extend our sale beyond Friday only to accomodate those that may miss the opportunity of a one day sale. Therefore our sale will begin at 12 a.m. November 26th and end at 11:59 p.m. Sunday, November 28th.

Sounds like sales are down at lopo. It also sounds like people love the diagonal 2x12 with all the volume it has.

Their 2x12s are 6" shorter than avatar cabs, which means they have a lot less volume... do they have less bass than Avatar or how does the reduced volume effect the sound? Is this why their sales are down?

Perhaps the smaller dimensions that save on material cost, enabling lower sale prices results in a less optimal sound quality? Do they sound "blah"?

I'd love to hear some feedback about the horizontal 2x12 from users...

I did read about the guy on here who quit using his 4x12 because it didn't project in comparison to his Stilletto and Mesa cabs.

Satisfied Lopo 2x12 users???????? Are you out there? Should I buy?

• Members

Sounds like sales are down at lopo. It also sounds like people love the diagonal 2x12 with all the volume it has.

Their 2x12s are 6" shorter than avatar cabs, which means they have a lot less volume... do they have less bass than Avatar or how does the reduced volume effect the sound? Is this why their sales are down?

Perhaps the smaller dimensions that save on material cost, enabling lower sale prices results in a less optimal sound quality? Do they sound "blah"?

I'd love to hear some feedback about the horizontal 2x12 from users...

I did read about the guy on here who quit using his 4x12 because it didn't project in comparison to his Stilletto and Mesa cabs.

Satisfied Lopo 2x12 users???????? Are you out there? Should I buy?

At a recent jam my pair of LOPO 2x12's (G12H30's x V30's) hung admirably with a Mesa 4x12 (V30's), a Mesa Oversize 4x12 (V30's),

a Marshall Vintage Modern 4x12 (G12K100's) and another Marshall 4x12 (Greenbacks).

The only cab that sounded noticeably bigger was the Mesa Oversize.

From said jam...

Here's my Gryphon through my LOPO 2x12's:

(NOTE: at around 1:20 Cron gets the Gryphon dialled in perfectly)

[YOUTUBE]kmD-A5yFgaw[/YOUTUBE]

Here's my mate's Mesa MkV through his Mesa 4x12:

[YOUTUBE]ohY-Y-aA_QE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Audio was recorded with a Zoom H4n placed in the corner of the room for room sound.

• Members

At a recent jam my pair of LOPO 2x12's (G12H30's x V30's) hung admirably with a Mesa 4x12 (V30's), a Mesa Oversize 4x12 (V30's),

a Marshall Vintage Modern 4x12 (G12K100's) and another Marshall 4x12 (Greenbacks).

The only cab that sounded noticeably bigger was the Mesa Oversize.

Cool, thanks!

Those Lopolines are tiny! But with two of them you've got more volume than that Mesa 4x12.

Very cool little cabs actually.

It's looking like I'm only going to have enough cash to buy the speakers I need and not an entire cab.

I'm thinking of barrowing a router from my dad and routing the square edges of my Avatar 2x12 and then ripping off the carpet and applying purple Tolex to match my amp to have a nice cosmetic look on the cheap.

Archived