Any wedding bands here?

Casey4s

• Members

I found these posted on another forum and thought some were pretty funny if you have ever had to work with a wedding coordinator. Apparently the guy who did these videos has had some real bull{censored} from working weddings.

I hate weddings :evil:

• Members

One of the hardest bands to be in but can be the most lucrative.

You have to play very diverse material and styles. Not always easy as some think.

Chick singer a plus.

Those comments are not always true. You get as much {censored} from drunks at bar gigs. You get as much {censored} if not more from pay to play venues and bar gig with dickhead owners.

Any decent wedding band has a set fee agreed to by contract well in advance. Deposits are secured and the band is still paid even if the wedding goes south before the date.

You have to wear appropriate formal attire.

Most have pretty hot singers... at least the ones I know of!

The crowd and their participation level is pretty much guaranteed. I've been to {censored} performances and watched packed floors with people cheering and having a good time. Wasn't my idea of greatness, but hell it worked for the rest of them obviously. That night I learned the band was paid $3000. They dj'd and mc's the dinner and stupid {censored} events, and only played from 9:45 to 11pm. 3 grand/ gig!! Not too many bar bands getting 1/5 of that slice for more than 5 hrs of prep (set up/tear down/ travel) plus the 3.5 hrs of sets.

You have to be be a good musician and have no weekend life to be in a wedding band.

• Members

I just played a wedding a few nights ago. Very good gig. The crowd were very receptive and the older folks just loved the Bee Gees and Frankie Valli stuff we did.

And yeah, wedding gigs pay the best. We each made out with 400 bucks for 2 sets
:thu:

I just auditioned for one myself. The diversity in the song lists they cover is {censored}ing unreal. They asked if I play fingerstyle (latin) and thumbpick (for country tunes they cover)!

If you go in thinking just old Stones and 50's covers and {censored} like that, think again. This band had everything from lady gaga to Kiss, Journey, Inxs, Cindi Lauper, Hip Hop crap, Carpenters, Beatles, Motley Crue, Nat King Cole, Geo Benson, Disco {censored}....... the list was huge.

They rehearse 2x/week and are always adding and preparing in advance for any songs selected by a bride and groom. Some songs are often omitted and changed since their popularity is weaker come wedding day.

• Members

I just auditioned for one myself. The diversity in the song lists they cover is {censored}ing unreal. They asked if I play fingerstyle (latin) and thumbpick (for country tunes they cover)!

If you go in thinking just old Stones and 50's covers and {censored} like that, think again. This band had everything from lady gaga to Kiss, Journey, Inxs, Cindi Lauper, Hip Hop crap, Carpenters, Beatles, Motley Crue, Nat King Cole, Geo Benson, Disco {censored}....... the list was huge.

They rehearse 2x/week and are always adding and preparing in advance for any songs selected by a bride and groom. Some songs are often omitted and changed since their popularity is weaker come wedding day.

Yeah our repertoire for wedding gigs is {censored}ing insane. But we do state very clearly that we don't play any jazz or flamenco. It's been working out fine so far.

I guess it's kinda easier here cos no wedding has ever required us to play any hard rock or jazz. Mostly oldies and 80's dance tunes.

Archived