Bad Economy Discount - How much is gear really selling for

codek

• Members
We've all seen it. Used gear is going for rock bottom prices because of the crappy economy.

On average, how much of a % discount should you be selling/buying?

What holds it's value? What gear has lost the most value?

I don't know. I've sold about $3K worth of gear this fall and it has all brought very decent money. I think as long as you aren't tied to with last week's flavor of the week stuff, you will do ok.

• Members
HCAF is probably the worst place to list gear. Nothing but a bunch of grab-asses here! REally, don't bother!

I've sold a few things here, and for a bit less than Ebay, but for the most part, there isn't much interest. In fact, I had something listed here once for $125 for several months w/o a single hit and put it on Ebay and someone from the forum here bought it for about $140.

• Members

I've sold a few things here, and for a bit less than Ebay, but for the most part, there isn't much interest. In fact, I had something listed here once for $125 for several months w/o a single hit and put it on Ebay and someone from the forum here bought it for about $140.

oh, the irony

• Members

It might have been for safety reasons.

If you use just Paypal, you can get completely screwed. If you use both Ebay and Paypal you are about as well protected as you can be for used gear.

Archived