Would you buy this amp (off Ebay)? - refubished Marshall

grwhitefan

• Members
http://cgi.ebay.com/Marshall-JVM215C-2-Channel-Guitar-Combo-Amp-Amplifier-/130436808819?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e5ea3c073

This Marshall JVM215c seems to be in good condition, but the whole "manufucturer refurbished" thing makes me a bit nervous. Any opinions??

I think I have my Line 6 Spider Valve sold, so....ready to take the plunge on a Marshall JVM215c. There's a few others listed & I'm in no hurry, so I can wait & see what else pops up.

Also......I've decided against buying a Axe-Fx. :wave:

• Members

The JVm's are not cheap amps. That price is ok, I've seen them slightly cheaper for that model. I have a JVM205C (2 x 12, 50 watts). It's a nice sounding amp, very versatile, lots of classic and modern Marshall tones. I would not be to concerned about the refurb, the amp may have had a problem but that isn't that uncommon. It was repaired by an authorized tech and has a warranty.

• Members

If there is a better price to found, tell me a website & I'll check it out. I have looked around, I'm seeing prices like $1400 on up for this amp.

I think this amp is exactly what I need: I have a love for hard rock/metal, but want good clean & crunch tones as well. Want an amp for recording, but for occasional jamming as well.

If there's a better amp you can recommend for this price, let me hear it!

• Members
If there is a better price to found, tell me a website & I'll check it out. I have looked around, I'm seeing prices like $1400 on up for this amp.

I think this amp is exactly what I need: I have a love for hard rock/metal, but want good clean & crunch tones as well. Want an amp for recording, but for occasional jamming as well.

If there's a better amp you can recommend for this price, let me hear it!

You have to not be in a hurry & watch ebay and CL, also gear classifieds to get good deals.

• Members

get a used marshall studio 15!!! tube amp. 1x12-speaker,loud asFUDGE!! they made 600 of em in the 80s,then the silver jubilee came out and they didnt move the studios as folks were into the sil.-jubes... i also owned a studio-15 AND WANNA KILL ME SELF FOR EVER,EVER,EVER SELLING HER!!! i called her BETSEY,THAT BITCH WAS LOUD,CLEN-CLEAR,WITH A OD PEDAL IT WAS A MONSTER FER THE METALZZZZ PS THE GOING RATE ON A USED ONE IS 600.00 TOPS!!! THEYRE COLLECTIBLE...

Archived