Telecaster guys.....please lend me your advice

colejustesen

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I already own a Dremel tool so that is good...didn't you say that your Telecaster was Japanese made? Thanks for your input....your clips with the Tele really pushed me over the edge of wanting to get one....Keith Urban introduced the concept to me when I saw him live, but your clips full on made me want one!

Cole

Mine was made in China. I used to have a MIJ 72 Custom and it was rad as hell too.

70% of that guitar's tone (in the clip you heard) came from the pickup. I love the Hot Rails for high gain.

• Members

I see, I must have misunderstood you when you mentioned Japan in your post. I have been reading threads on the TC-630 from Agile and it seems like that would be a great option. People claim that it plays/finished better than the MIM Fender stuff....even a few people have mentioned that they are on par with some of the American made Fenders....

I might just bite the bullet and try one of those Agile TC-630s....the neck radius on it is 10" so I think that would work better for me than a 7.25" radius.

Cole

• Members

After seeing your Tele.....it would hard to find another one that even remotely competes with sheer beauty.....I would love to have just one, and I would be content. My gear collecting (as of now) is multiple BC Rich Mockingbirds....I love them!

Hey....does your Blacktop bridge mount with 3 or 4 screws?

Cole

• Members

Yeah, {censored} the Agiles. Go with a Classic Vibe Tele, wouldn't really advise against swapping out the bridge (those bridges are longer than the traditional 3-barrel ones anyways), but for the money you're paying, Squier CV = best deal.

• Members

After seeing your Tele.....it would hard to find another one that even remotely competes with sheer beauty.....I would love to have just one, and I would be content. My gear collecting (as of now) is multiple BC Rich Mockingbirds....I love them!

Hey....does your Blacktop bridge mount with 3 or 4 screws?

Cole

I do really like the American Deluxe, it cuts well in a mix but for heavier rock I like the Blacktop better for the meatier smoother sound. To be honest though I really like how the neck feels on the Blacktop a lot more than the American Deluxe. The blacktop appears to have 3 screws on the bridge mount.

• Members

Yeah, {censored} the Agiles. Go with a Classic Vibe Tele, wouldn't really advise against swapping out the bridge (those bridges are longer than the traditional 3-barrel ones anyways), but for the money you're paying, Squier CV = best deal.

Like I have mentioned in this thread...I have heard great things about the Classic Vibe Tele...but may I ask why you believe the Classic Vibe is a better option than the Agile? I can tell you that I am not a purist (in that I don't have to have Fender on my headstock) but I want a great playing guitar.

Cole

• Members

I do really like the American Deluxe, it cuts well in a mix but for heavier rock I like the Blacktop better for the meatier smoother sound. The blacktop appears to have 3 screws on the bridge mount.

Thanks, that is what I thought I saw, but the pictures weren't very clear. Do you think that I would be able to install that Babicz bridge on the Blacktop? It says it can accommodate 3 and 4 screw mounts. But the instructions say that if I use the 3 screw setup to load the strings from the back of the bridge....I would really want to use the string through body option...

Cole

• Members

Like I have mentioned in this thread...I have heard great things about the Classic Vibe Tele...but may I ask why you believe the Classic Vibe is a better option than the Agile? I can tell you that I am not a purist (in that I don't have to have Fender on my headstock) but I want a great playing guitar.

Cole

I played a G&L at a local shop and for a while was really considering selling my American Deluxe and ordering a G&L with all the specs I wanted. I even had a price quote and realized I could have everything I wanted for around 1800 on a brand new G&L tele.

• Members

Thanks, that is what I thought I saw, but the pictures weren't very clear. Do you think that I would be able to install that Babicz bridge on the Blacktop? It says it can accommodate 3 and 4 screw mounts. But the instructions say that if I use the 3 screw setup to load the strings from the back of the bridge....I would really want to use the string through body option...

Cole

I was looking on the Babicz website and I didn't see an option for that bridge with humbuckers, just the single coil tele bridge.

• Members

Check out benfordguitars.com for five hundred dollars you can get whatever you want. That being said my budget was lower than that and I went with a classic vibe tele put some new strings on it and comepletly stock it is great for hard rock.

• Members

I think his basic stuff he goes and hand picks the neck and body from mighty mite and he assembles them with the extras you want also he does half customs and full customs for ridiculously low. Everything I have heard is that even the basic guitars are legit. He's actually raised his prices since I was shopping.

Archived