Anyone ever used the Behringer Guitar Link?

MattACaster

• Members

Yeah, thats why I mentioned it. I dunno...its only 30 bucks, so its worth trying, at least. I definitely could have been setting something up wrong. I wanted it for the same purpose...to be able to have something small for recording on a laptop...the laptop I was using was OLD as {censored}, so it could have been that. MF wasnt much help with trouble shooting....

• Members

Yeah, thats why I mentioned it. I dunno...its only 30 bucks, so its worth trying, at least. I definitely could have been setting something up wrong. I wanted it for the same purpose...to be able to have something small for recording on a laptop...the laptop I was using was OLD as {censored}, so it could have been that. MF wasnt much help with trouble shooting....

I'll have to do a little more research and see if I can find out anything else about it. I wonder if anyone else makes something similar?

• Members

I musta been doing something wrong then.

Dunno man. I can tell you that sometimes in reaper you have to select the audio source in the prefs. Its also better to use their drivers or ASIO 4all

Congrats on getting the drummer for Chimera to do your tracks that's epic {censored} dude...some inadvertent exposure there!

• Members

I use my all of the time. Sounds tons better that any m-audio gear I've ever used for guitar. Works with anything that can access the ASIO drivers including but not limited to Reaper, Audition 3, Guitar Tracks Pro, Guitar Rig 4, RiffWorks, Peavey ReValver MkIII, Amplitube Standalone, Live Professor (Vst Host), and of course VSTHost so you can use all of the freeware Vst plugins around. It cannot be used on anything that relies on Windows audio system like the old version of Audition know as Cool Edit Pro. Which is a shame because I used it in my studio for years running a Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum soundcard with exceptional results. Im trying out Audition 3 but really could care less for the interface. Cool Edit was quick an simple but also a memory hog and difficult to impossible to run any good realtime effects. Not a problem I've even come close to using ASIO drivers. I've run up to 16 effects in Live Professor, Peavey Revalver, and VstHost including amp and cab simulators without even a hiccup. But I very timidly stay away from ASIO4All which is not needed in any of these cases. The last time I used it it took over my computer and screwed up my audio. The Behringer USB ASIO drivers work great!

Archived