Your thoughts on e-cigs??

guitarbilly74

• Members

I get a disposeable one every now and then.

It's been keeping me off the real ones since mid-december(I no longer have any desire to smoke real ones) and I really don't even use it very much.

I didn't like menthol real ciggs but I prefer the menthol e-cigs. It's not just like the real thing but it gets the job done and I like it just fine.

• Members

To me it's like nicotine gum...you're trading one stupid habit for another. Sure, e-cigs may not have the cancer risk of cigarettes, but you're still a nicotine addict, your body chemistry is still off balance from it, and you're still spending money on it.

Now, if you're not a smoker I see even less reason to try e-cigs. If you're going to play with addiction then at least mess with something that gets you high.

• Members

Been just over a YEAR since I've smoked a real cig thanks to my e-cig. Definitely safer than real cigs, the technology is based on fog machines. I feel eleventy billion times better since I switched, no more coughing or wheezing, TONS more air, etc.

Daniellesale, might be a reaction to propylene glycol, try using an e-liquid using vegetable glycyerin instead (or vice versa depending on what you have).

• Members

To me it's like nicotine gum...you're trading one stupid habit for another. Sure, e-cigs may not have the cancer risk of cigarettes, but you're still a nicotine addict, your body chemistry is still off balance from it, and you're still spending money on it.

Now, if you're not a smoker I see even less reason to try e-cigs. If you're going to play with addiction then at least mess with something that gets you high.

I'm not planning to try anything. It just that one of buddies started to sell them at his store and he was raving about them, so I just wanted to know what people think. I've been smoke-free for many years now and plan to stay that way.

• Members

I see it as trading one stupid habit for a habit that's less stupid and less damaging AND less expensive.

• Members

If someone wants to use e-cigs, I don't see why there would be any problem...

Your body, your lungs...if you want to put nicotine in your system that is your business.

They would only become a drama if their use affected other people, AFAIK they don't.

I just think it looks a bit bizzare to see someone sucking on what appears to be a biro :lol:

• Members

I quit smoking real cigs almost a year ago and have been smoking e-cigs since then. Like the other guy said, I feel a lot better, don't wheeze at night, etc... And it is a lot cheaper.

Daniellesale, I started out with Blu and just kept getting more and more disappointed with every puff. I started using Cignot.com and have been totally happy. (They're cheaper too)

Archived