No-music policy at work = fail

MattACaster

• Members

music and work can be a tough thing

if its 'thinking work' I literally cant focus

if its repetitive work well sometimes will listen to music , but mainly audio books so I feel like I'm getting a 'paid' education

if the music is really good well I tend to swing my focus to the music rather than the work LOL

in australia we have the {censored}tiest radio station of all time triple j ..the last time I was forced to listen to it was about 4 years ago unfortunately is a bit of a 'cultural' thing for a complete lack of culture so to say

I'm dreading going back to work here (since i moved back) and having to listen to this {censored}

IMO the best way to describe it is extreme left wing ,indie art ***, drugged out {censored}

• Members

I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven, I told Bill that if Sandra is going to listen to her headphones while she's filing then I should be able to listen to the radio while I'm collating so I don't see why I should have to turn down the radio because I enjoy listening at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.

milton.jpeg

• Members

50/50 on the music at work for me. On one job music isn't really possible since I'm on a shooting set for film/tv 18 hrs a day...it just wouldn't work. On my other job the music never stops. The wife and I own a retail business so we play what we want when we want and it can get loud..."Its good to be da' King":thu:

J.R.

• Members

It's in-humane, complain to you HR person and threaten to sue for substandard working conditions.

Streaming pandora as I type. Oh, having your own office helps too.

I can see it being a problem if you work in cubes, manufacturing, or share offices with someone.

Music keeps me working more than hinders me in my type of work. Paperwork/dealing with people.

• Members

I'm a 911 operator. I don't give a {censored}. I make my co-workers deal w/ music. I tend to keep them away from the brootz but everyone seems to enjoy when I bring my Ipod in and plug it into the community stereo. It's never loud enough to where it's caused an issue w/ it being heard over the law/medic/fire radios or on the phone lines. But the headset receivers are very sensitive. You wouldn't exactly want to give CPR instructions to a mother whose baby is not breathing while Dillinger Escape Plans "Baby's first coffin." is heard in the background.

Though once there was a guy who was suicidal that I had to talk to, and he started talking about Slayer for some reason. So we started talking Slayer and Metal in general. (you pretty much have to wait until cops/medics show up until you can hang up w/ suicidal people.) When I told him I was a fan he was like "Bull{censored}, no you're not." And so I just took the Ipod and played "Dead Skin Mask." and turned it up. Much to the chagrin of my co-workers. Then he opened up like I was Barbara Walters.

• Members

music and work can be a tough thing

if its 'thinking work' I literally cant focus

if its repetitive work well sometimes will listen to music , but mainly audio books so I feel like I'm getting a 'paid' education

Bollocks, just try harder. I do extremely detailed tax work and that includes hours and hours of research through Regulations, Rules, Statutes, Code, Letter Rulings, Opinions, Memos, etc., and I can't focus without something else going on. :cop: Turn up your multitasker and :rawk: while sifting through those thousands of lines of tax code,or whatever is "thinking" work for you. :thu:

• Members
Bollocks, just try harder. I do extremely detailed tax work and that includes hours and hours of research through Regulations, Rules, Statutes, Code, Letter Rulings, Opinions, Memos, etc., and I can't focus
without
something else going on.
:cop:
Turn up your multitasker and
:rawk:
while sifting through those thousands of lines of tax code,or whatever is "thinking" work for you.
:thu:

I can't even have a conversation while driving :facepalm:
I;m the worst kind of 'male' brain there is :(

oh to clarify I do sparkie work have to keep somewhat sharp!

• Members

I can't even have a conversation while driving
:facepalm:
I;m the worst kind of 'male' brain there is
:(

oh to clarify I do sparkie work have to keep somewhat sharp!

LOL I basically have to have at least 2 noise sources on at all times.

Say for example today, it's in the 20's outside, heater is on, but do I have my desk fan on? Yup. Why? B/c without it all I hear is "tick tick tick TICK TICK TICK" of keyboards and mice and people talking on the other side of the office. Our building is way fekking old so ceilings are low and sound travels like no other. Still have my buds in too. But without either, I pretty much lose my damn mind. :lol:

Archived