No-music policy at work = fail

MattACaster

• Members

Up at our Minnesota plant today and tomorrow. I guess they have a no audible music policy in place here and you can't use headphones. :facepalm:

Luckily I don't answer to anyone here and have Pantera blasting in the conference room. :lol:

I don't know how I could survive a workday without music. It really must suck to work here. :cry:

• Members

Our office is so weird; it's either extremely loud and you have to yell on the phone to hear over the other people on the phones and printers, or when the AC shuts off you can hear a mouse fart. I hate it. I have to have my buds in all day or I {censored}in' lose it, post haste.

• Members

Our office is so weird; it's either extremely loud and you have to yell on the phone to hear over the other people on the phones and printers, or when the AC shuts off you can hear a mouse fart. I hate it. I have to have my buds in all day or I {censored}in' lose it, post haste.

I know. In my case in my office all I hear is server fans and the AC. I'd go nuts if I couldn't listen to music. It's too the point where my music library at work is actually more up to date than what I have at home. :lol:

• Members

No music at my job. Well, let me correct that, I have competing music. The "classic rock" station playing so softly in the background you can barely hear it, especially for the 2 hours a day it sorta turns to fuzz, and the bass line from the "modern rock" station I can hear through the wall cause one of the techs has a radio blasting.

While I really wish I could listen to something I actually liked, I hafta say the thumping bass does help cover up the air wrenches, air hammers, etc. I wish I could wear ear buds, but that wouldn't really work as I have to actually listen to people throughout the day.

Damn coworkers. :lol:

• Members

they always play some sort of soft rouck in the lobby and lower level of the hotel

but i get the laundry room and i crank anything from dimmu borgir, aesop rock, dead kennedys, steel panther, unearth, you name it.

mind you the spa is 20 feet from my station and their waiting room is right outside my doors:lol:

• Members

I go through most of every day at work with earphones in. I have the volume low enough that I can hear when people are talking to me, but occasionally I'll just pretend I can't so I don't have to listen to their bull{censored}. :)

At the moment:

Beyond Twilight - For the Love of Art and the Making

(been a while since I last listened to it)

• Members

I'm in and out of different offices all day, it's very rare to hear any music being played at these places. I've been tempted to pop some ear buds in my phone to have something to listen to while I work, but my concern about being professional always stops me (i know, i know).

One of my clients is a call center for a telecommunication company, a HUGE open room with hundreds of half-height cubicles, all with people chatting on the phone. I guess as some sort of incentive, at times they let a certain section listen to quiet music of their choice for one reason or another. Always wondered how they decided what to play??

They do all sorts of weird things, people get moved around constantly, some section gets to turn the overhead lights off while they work, ETC.

I guess if you can push a button and get a reward, maybe you won't mind the cage so much? :idk:

No way I could do that for a living.

• Members

It could be that some prople don't like the music other people play, or noise in general when working, which could become a problem. So to solve the probllem they made a rule. :cop:

After all, if you're blasting Pantera where I work and I like Jazz, we're gonna' have a problem. :poke:

It's a good thing we arn't in the same office. :wave:

• Members

Up at our Minnesota plant today and tomorrow. I guess they have a no audible music policy in place here and you can't use headphones.
:facepalm:

Luckily I don't answer to anyone here and have Pantera blasting in the conference room.
:lol:

I don't know how I could survive a workday without music. It really must suck to work here.
:cry:

At least you have a job. A lot of people don't. They would love to be in your position.

• Members

they always play some sort of soft rouck in the lobby and lower level of the hotel

but i get the laundry room and i crank anything from dimmu borgir, aesop rock, dead kennedys, steel panther, unearth, you name it.

mind you the spa is 20 feet from my station and their waiting room is right outside my doors:lol:

So I do have a brother! :love:

• Members

It could be that some prople don't like the music other people play, or noise in general when working, which could become a problem. So to solve the probllem they made a rule.
:cop:

After all, if you're blasting Pantera where I work and I like Jazz, we're gonna' have a problem.
:poke:

It's a good thing we arn't in the same office.
:wave:

Works both ways, yo. Jazz is terrible.

• Members

It could be that some prople don't like the music other people play, or noise in general when working, which could become a problem. So to solve the probllem they made a rule.
:cop:

After all, if you're blasting Pantera where I work and I like Jazz, we're gonna' have a problem. :poke:

It's a good thing we arn't in the same office.
:wave:

Goes both ways bro. No one wants jazz at steel fab plant. :p

• Members

When I was still in the corporate world, there was no way in hell I could get through the day without music at my desk. Nike had a great IT group that put up a share program that allowed people with access to certain drives (usually only 10-12 people) the ability to opt-in and share their music libraries to those in that small group. You could literally sit at your desk with about 250 gig's of your's and other's music at your fingertips. It was awesome. I took care of everyone's death metal needs.

• Members

When I was still in the corporate world, there was no way in hell I could get through the day without music at my desk. Nike had a great IT group that put up a share program that allowed people with access to certain drives (usually only 10-12 people) the ability to opt-in and share their music libraries to those in that small group. You could literally sit at your desk with about 250 gig's of your's and other's music at your fingertips. It was awesome. I took care of everyone's death metal needs.

We had a similar setup like that at one of our facilities for a while. it was cool while it was up but when that server died and we lost all the music everyone got so pissed (like really really angry) that we put a stop too it.

• Members

Normal people have death metal needs? :confused:

Archived