I want a Wizard Modern Classic in the worst way :facepalm:

mcr23

• Members

I'm kinda the opposite, Cibyl, but not in the way you might think... only in the sense that I doubt I'll ever own one. I'd LOVE to ~ based on the vids & clips I've heard, the Wizard is one that always comes up on my daydream/wish list. But I can't even imagine a scenario in which I'd have the cash AND be able to justify dropping it on an amp... :cry:

Oh, but if I could, you bet yer arse I'd at least try one out in person, 'cuz everything I've heard of them is pure amplified sex! :love:

• Members

I'm kinda the opposite, Cibyl, but not in the way you might think... only in the sense that I doubt I'll ever own one. I'd LOVE to ~ based on the vids & clips I've heard, the Wizard is one that always comes up on my daydream/wish list. But I can't even imagine a scenario in which I'd have the cash AND be able to justify dropping it on an amp...
:cry:

Oh, but if I could, you bet yer arse I'd at least try one out in person, 'cuz everything I've heard of them is pure amplified sex!
:love:

Well, I'm definitely not gonna buy new, but I see used Modern Classic's pop up on TGP all the time for around $2200. Which IMO is a great price for an amp for that caliber.

• Members

From what I've read, a skilled amp tech can mod a silver jubilee to get extremely close to the wiz modern.

Edit: and yeah $2200 for a wizard is a great deal

You should convince your boys at Jet City to team up with Wizard to release their own version :o:idea: :caulkgrab:

• Members

Well, I'm definitely not gonna buy new, but I see used Modern Classic's pop up on TGP all the time for around $2200.
Which IMO is a great price for an amp for that caliber.

Oh, I do not disagree at all ~ I'm *not* trying to say they're "overpriced" or anything. It's just that, with new baby, and considering that I'll likely not be playing out other than local cover band type action, I don't think I could justify a couple grand for an amp ... unless I could somehow convince Mrs. Draelyc that it's THE last amp I'll ever need/buy... Hmm, now there's an angle... :idea:

• Members

Oh, I do not disagree at all ~ I'm *not* trying to say they're "overpriced" or anything. It's just that, with new baby, and considering that I'll likely not be playing out other than local cover band type action, I don't think I could justify a couple grand for an amp ... unless I could somehow convince Mrs. Draelyc that it's THE last amp I'll ever need/buy... Hmm, now there's an angle...
:idea:

Totally understand. {censored}, I never NEED a new amp,......I just want. WANT, WANT, and WANT some more! :lol:

• Members

Oh, I do not disagree at all ~ I'm *not* trying to say they're "overpriced" or anything. It's just that, with new baby, and considering that I'll likely not be playing out other than local cover band type action, I don't think I could justify a couple grand for an amp ...
unless I could somehow convince Mrs. Draelyc that it's THE last amp I'll ever need/buy...
Hmm, now there's an angle...
:idea:

Good luck selling her on that line of pure bull{censored}! :lol:

• Members

you either buy it and she doesn't say anything, you buy it and you take that ass whoopin like a man or you find a way for the amp to pay for itself like use it to play gigs.

I've worked all 3 angles and I'm still alive though my wife is to the point now where she doesn't even care any more.
:lol:

Lmao ... I'd have to go on a serious ball-hunt before trying any of those approaches, methinks... :facepalm: Although, the second scenario seems the most probable :o

• Members

you either buy it and she doesn't say anything, you buy it and you take that ass whoopin like a man or you find a way for the amp to pay for itself like use it to play gigs.

I've worked all 3 angles and I'm still alive though my wife is to the point now where she doesn't even care any more.
:lol:

See, it's nice to have a wife that works and actually makes more money than you. It provides a tremendous benefit to my gear whoring escapades. :thu:

• Members

Currently available - :poke: I'm very tempted myself but I have a Bogner Goldfinger incoming this week.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=846740&highlight=Wizard

Sadly, I haz no TGP cork-pass! :o

Definitely worth it at that price, though, but I'm still holding out for a Charvel before I seriously look at buying another map.

Archived