FENDER Super Sonic 22 OR DRRI??? (for my wife...)

Johansolo

• Members

so...my wife is starting to play electric guitar again (ive only really heard her strum on acoustic) and today, she has taken over my amp...and im on here talking to you guys:facepalm:

she likes fender amps and the 2 we have decided on are kinda similiar

the Supersonic 22 or the Deluxe Reverb Reissue.

im leaning towards the SS (with the blonde tolex and poo brown covering...so we can have matching grill cloths with my Framus) because of its features, but i dont want to completely rule out the DRRI either.

thoughts?

• Members

we just came back from trying out at a SS22 at a guitar store. the vintage channel is quite nice and the burn channel...is very un-fender like. got some pretty good high gain tones out of a HSS strat and a PRS singlecut.

i still want to compare with the DRRI...as its mainly a fender clean sound we are after for this amp. anything else (ie fx loop/channel switching etc) are just bonuses.
both are same price

• Members

The only problem with the SS 22 is that they don't make it in a head. Really, to my ear, the 22 loses very little to the DRRI in the clean department and certainlly the built in gain channel is a plus. That means you get to skip the "What pedal for OD with my DRRI?" thread and one less thing to carry to the gig.

• Members

just saw this Special edition DRRI

love that wine red tolex/wheat grill

not too sure id be able to get my hands on one thou...

anways found a store that has both a DRRI and SS22...gonna have to book a day off to have a proper comparison.

specs wise...i think were leaning towards the DRRI now. tube verb + vibrato.

personally if it were me (and i didnt already have amps that had good gain) i would get the supersonic in a heartbeat. but for the wife, and to add to our collection...the DRRI may just do the trick

Archived